The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Nice
What year AM is that?
I love the Vantage. When I bought my Evora I was in negotiation for a 2008 black V8V with red interior.
Still in the market for a V12V, but might have to wait a couple years unless the right deal comes along.
Class all the way :bow:
Good choices :up:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008 V8 Vantage with 6800 miles. Same black metallic finish as the Lotus. Great deal couldn't resist. Two hand built English cars... I am an Englishman after all

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
WOW! Looks strong. And....describe and compare:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
2008 V8 Vantage with 6800 miles. Same black metallic finish as the Lotus. Great deal couldn't resist. Two hand built English cars... I am an Englishman after all
Lucky bastard that's one of my favorite cars, is it a stick? I've been thinking of buying one of those Cars since they came out. My dealer where I bought my LOTUS, told me the other day they had a used 2008 for $70,000 with a stick. And only 2300 miles on it. If I wasn't buying a second house near the beach I'd be all over it.
Ron:shift:

·
Registered
194 Posts
What a beautiful car. Enjoy

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucky bastard that's one of my favorite cars, is it a stick? I've been thinking of buying one of those Cars since they came out. My dealer where I bought my LOTUS, told me the other day they had a used 2008 for $70,000 with a stick. And only 2300 miles on it. If I wasn't buying a second house near the beach I'd be all over it.
Ron:shift:
Hey Ron, yes I am a lucky bastard, I have a wife that is a car fan like me so it's an easy sell. it's not stick but has the option of auto or paddle shifters.

·
likes to drive fast
1,128 Posts
Good choice! I had a '11 black Evora then acquired a '07 AMV8 in black too. Driving them back to back every other weekend. Completely different animals.

Also pull the damn Fuse 22!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! Looks strong. And....describe and compare:popcorn:
Too early to compare yet. Will try to do that a little later. Currently the interest from the local populous is that the Evora gets more a attention...from those that don't know

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Currently the interest from the local populous is that the Evora gets more a attention...from those that don't know
It's that Ford Grill ;-)

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
It's that Ford Grill ;-)
You are cruel. That one hurts. I know you know better Lckitty, but many people do not.

I hate it when people compare a Fusion to a Aston. I remember when the new Fusion came out Jalopnik praised Ford for their "great looking car" :facepalm that's when I stopped listening to Jalopnik all together. They obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
rotflrotflrotfl

·
Registered
390 Posts
Congrats, that's quite a pairing!

No kids I assume... Or they have left already...

I'm also an expat Brit

·
Registered
856 Posts
My experience with our Vantage is that is feels much more like an M3. Less razor sharp and more GT than the Evora but also much more refined. Much less attention than the Evora. That might have something to do with Ford aping the grill.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Congrats Steve, Looks great!

Sorry I didn't make it to the last CnC, but Ted mentioned you were able to get my shirt, Thank You!

I look forward to seeing you guys and the new car next month.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I've been ogling every Vantage GT picture that I can find. No room in the garage right now, but I would really like one in the future.

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
OMG I think I just died. Dream combination!

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
SWeet!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Love your vantage, was also considering a vantage before the evora, beautiful car, and a great sounding exhaust, especially if it has the sport tuned set up!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts