The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a new Aluminum diffuser that we will be offering shortly. It is a sweet piece that I am now test fitting on our Exige. The part is bigger and deeper than stock. I think Brent still has us beat on size...:D It is an affordable alternative to our ReVerie diffusers. There is no hole for stock exhaust tips. Pricing is expected to be under $600.

Give us a call if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hum, I was about to get my stock one powder coated black but, I might have to wait.
Any idea of when pictures of this on the car are going to be available?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
We've got a new Aluminum diffuser that we will be offering shortly. It is a sweet piece that I am now test fitting on our Exige. The part is bigger and deeper than stock. I think Brent still has us beat on size...:D It is an affordable alternative to our ReVerie diffusers. There is no hole for stock exhaust tips. Pricing is expected to be under $600.

What's the spacing between the center vanes? Is there enough room to cut out a hole for the stock Exige exhaust? (I'll supply my own jigsaw)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Most likely I'll be picking up a Larini Sport 8 Inch, this spring.

So this is pretty good timing- Is the finished powder coated black? Will my Boomerang tow hook still work with this?

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts

Size does matter!
:nanner2:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Andy dont do that. That is ruining the majority of the fuction of the diffuser, unless it is just being purchased for looks then go for it.
Well, I currently have a three element diffuser (stock) with large hole in the biggest segment... wouldn't having a five element diffuser with a large hole in the (smaller) center segment be an improvement? 4 of 5 segments would have clean airflow instead of 2 (smaller) of out 3?

EDIT: I wouldn't get it just for looks... I definitely realize that I'd be reducing some of the effectiveness, but I'm trying to increase performance without getting too far away from stock (i.e. relocating the exhaust to the rear panel).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Will this diffuser work with your S111 "Euro Style" grill?

Also, does this diffuser provide additional downforce & will you need to add a front splitter to balance it out?

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,116 Posts
Most interested...post multiple pictures of it mounted!!!

This is the fin style I like the best. It's more racing oriented than the rounded off edges like the Reverie 5 element.

Does it weigh more than stock?
Is it the same gauge aluminum as stock?
-Robert

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm interested. Need to see pics on the car first. While I'm all for function, the CF 5 element just looks a bit too functional for me and doesn't flow with the lines of the car.

Also need a solution for a tow hook. Don't see how the boomerang will fit on that one.

·
Registered
821 Posts
This may be a "stupid newb question" but do you have to remove the rear finishing panels in order to install an aftermarket diffuser?

I like the clean look my car has w/ the exhaust coming out of the "euro style" grills...but I hate seeing the holes in my factory diffuser...and I figure those holes give me a great excuse to buy a new one!:clap:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.