The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me introduce our Alex Wiechert, our Vice-President of Marketing and Operations:

Alex, no stranger to the after market autoparts world graduates from Mustang/Corvette world to the Lotus world. She brings a wealth of supply-chain and sales experience. In addition, she is no stranger to hot-shoeing a car around the track in her AS corvette. She's been driving the XP Car and drove to a second place at the Colorado Pro Solo in Open class(she plays with the boys).

Not afraid of getting her hands dirty, attached is a picture of Alex swapping the flywheel and clutch in the XP car while I was building the transmission.

(I knew she was someone special when she started correcting me on engine codes for old mustangs while watching Barrett-Jackson...)

In fact she is so fantastic, smart, funny, wonderful, (not to mention she cleans up pretty good to boot), I asked her to marry me over New Years. She said yes(thankfully) and we were married a few weeks ago.

So introducing Alex Zust, VP of Marketing and Ops, Hot Shoe, and now my wife!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
And I was hoping you were introducing a new purchaseable part. Does she have a twin sister, and what does the upgrade from a "stock girlfriend" cost? ;)

·
Vendor
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures added! Anyway, if you call, you can put a face with a name!

addertooth, the upgrade was massive and huge cost savings. Previous girlfriend was eating me out of house and home and never met a dollar she couldn't spend twice. Alex is very thrifty(with the exception of the occassional sushi splurge). She clips coupons, buys in bulk, and shops around for deals.... Of course since she's had to do all this for herself, she know the value of a dollar.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow::crazyeyes:crazyeyes:crazyeyes:coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::nanner::nanner::nanner::shift::shift::shift::drool::drool::drool:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
KochinoPride,
No, only 50% off should he forget an anniversary...
Kinda off an old joke that goes like this...

A young man was about to marry the girl of his dreams, but was very nervous.
His father was helping him tie his bow-tie. The young man said "Dad, you have been married to mom for 25 years, can you tell me the secret to a long marriage"? The father thought for a moment and said "Never, EVER forget an anniversary". This bit of advice seemed to unsettle the young man further and he further asked "But Father, how do I make sure I never forget an anniversary"? The father, rubbing his chin ruefully, with a pained expression on his face answered "Forget it JUST ONCE son, forget it just once".

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was a funny story! I feel for Fred then, as I think he's already forgotten what date our anniversary will be! :huh: Fortunately for him, I'm just as bad!! Next year people will be asking us about what we did for our anniversary,,, we'll both be checking calendars going oh, right, that thing,,, opps, we probably should've gone out to dinner or something,,,. In fact, I should put a reminder in my calendar right now. It'll make me look good. ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Looks like we have a new SCCA Solo XPL champion.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow::crazyeyes:crazyeyes:crazyeyes:coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::nanner::nanner::nanner::shift::shift::shift::drool::drool::drool:
Phil, please show some decency. Fred is not a piece of meat for you to ogle.

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
That was a funny story! I feel for Fred then, as I think he's already forgotten what date our anniversary will be! :huh: Fortunately for him, I'm just as bad!! Next year people will be asking us about what we did for our anniversary,,, we'll both be checking calendars going oh, right, that thing,,, opps, we probably should've gone out to dinner or something,,,. In fact, I should put a reminder in my calendar right now. It'll make me look good. ;)
Hey...congratulations! And welcome to the Lotus community...I see that this is your first post. :clap: Don't be shy either, most of us are pretty thick skinned around here therefore we give and take a lot of ribbing...we expect the same from you. BTW, when I was reading the beginning of Fred's first post, it sounded like he was introducing new co-worker. I was thinking to myself - man, give me her phone number. Then it got to the bad part (for me anyway)... :p anyway, congrats and welcome. I hope to run into you (over Fred :D) someplace on a track... :D

You need to add an avatar to your profile still...

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
It'll make me look good. ;)
That black outfit at the autocross already made you look good. I recall seeing that photo some time ago, probably on this forum somewhere.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts