The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. got myself an 111R my2005. have bought a braille b14115 in 2005 and after 9 years the battery is off.( i had the original braille charger as well)

is there something new, lighter, better ? or shall I stick to the same battery ? overall i was very satistfied

thx

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
I've had a Voltphreaks VPH750 battery for years now. Works great and customer support is excellent.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
hey guys. got myself an 111R my2005. have bought a braille b14115 in 2005 and after 9 years the battery is off.( i had the original braille charger as well)

is there something new, lighter, better ? or shall I stick to the same battery ? overall i was very satistfied

thx
If you want a Braille at half the price go with a Deka (also known as Big Crank). Same battery and they're all made by East Penn. I've had one in my C6 Corvette for years with good results.

If you want something really light there are a few good options out there. Shorai and Ballistic are the two I've checked out. Shorai is $350 and weighs 4.96 lbs with 540 CCA. Ballistic is $280-$300 (two models) and weighs 3.5 pounds with 500 CCA (made in USA). There are lighter batteries out there but these have good reviews.

San

·
Registered
280 Posts
At my first autocross, my battery fell out of the holder and tipped over. It apparently leaked acid on the bolt that tightens the hold down clamp. Now that bolt is rusted in place and there is NO way it's coming out. I can't WAIT to change my battery :) Fortunately it is still cranking fine 4 years later, even after winter storage.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My mechanic and all 'round car guru did this for me last week. It survived a day at Streets of Willow over the weekend and the battery is probably the most solidly mounted item on the entire car.

I couldn't be happier. If anyone local to LA is interested in the same upgrade, I can send you his contact info and shop location. His dance card is typically pretty full so you need to book in advance and leave the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
If you want something really light there are a few good options out there. Shorai and Ballistic are the two I've checked out. Shorai is $350 and weighs 4.96 lbs with 540 CCA. Ballistic is $280-$300 (two models) and weighs 3.5 pounds with 500 CCA (made in USA). There are lighter batteries out there but these have good reviews.
^^^^yup!

its an easy choice for the price/performance/weight... & its not even close

http://shoraipower.com/lfx36l3-bs12-p130

just don't leave them out in cold storage

:up:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I bought a 16 cell ballistic 2nd hand off here, and its held up for a good year, just remember those lifepo4 batteries have very little amp hours to keep that alarm system running, so better put a kill switch in and kill it when done. Also cold starting could be a problem, but it may just take a few cranks and she will fire over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts