The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Elise last week and it is everything everyone says it is and more. I have had a AudiTT, S2000, NSX, 350Z, SLK AMG and others but this is the most fun by far. I sold my 350Z to get the Elise and it was not a mistake. I got the standard exhaust and while fine, I would probably try another exhaust if I had it to do over again. The build quality is fine and just to sit in it gives you a feeling none of my other cars ever did. For those still waiting, hang in there, it is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. And, Congratulations!

Yes, it always boils down to "The Wait."

·
Registered
549 Posts
DITTO...DITTO...DITTO>>>

That is what I want to say to anyone who is waiting for this car...IT IS BEYOND WHAT YOU THINK..the wait is worth it...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Make the pics smaller? It is not a good idea to post really large pics to the forum since it can take a long time on dial up to download and see them.

You can also try uploading them to the gallery.

If neither of those options work out, I can shrink down and make smaller pics and link to the larger ones for you. Let me know.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Do you like the black? I was strugling with it. The car looks so good in so many colors and I know how hard it is too keep black clean. If you had it all over to do again, would you order black? What color interior did you order. I went with black, but had considered biscuit. I'd like to know your thoughts on it. Do you have an low res pictures you can post or maybe galler pictures? I can't wait to see your pictures.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Re: pics

gvoeller said:
I have a bunch of pics but the site says they are to big (megabite wise). What do I do?
i usually keep the size of the pic but I reduce the quality so that the memory it takes up is smaller. I use Photoshop.

my pics are normally 1280x960 and 500k so I reduce the quality and i have 1280x960 but 250k or 300k.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Most likely anything more than 72dpi is wasted on the internet.

I normally reduce to 72dpi and about 6" wide.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Unless you scan an image or print the image on paper, there is really no such thing as DPI. It's all about pixels. Any DPI field in the JPG is totally ignored when it's displayed in a browser.

480 and 640 pixels are pretty normal image widths.

"DPI, I wish it would die.."

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Good point, I use photoshop and it is indeed 72 pixels/inch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 350z also

I to will be selling my Z for the Elise. I'm glad to hear that it was worth it because the Z is a fun car to drive anyways. But the wait is the killer.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Unless you scan an image or print the image on paper, there is really no such thing as DPI. It's all about pixels. Any DPI field in the JPG is totally ignored when it's displayed in a browser.

480 and 640 pixels are pretty normal image widths.

"DPI, I wish it would die.."
Ah, but DPI is used on computer displays. Most people don't mess with it, but if you're doing publishing work and want true WYSIWYG display, you can adjust (some) systems to display in true size.

For example, in Windows XP, in the display properties window, go to the settings tab, advanced button, DPI Settings dropdown, and select Custom Setting. A ruler will be displayed that allows you to adjust your monitor display to exact real-life size. 12-point font will be shown in exact 12-point size. And images will be shown in exact print size.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Is this the black w/red touring and LSS car that AutoEurope was preparing to deliver when I was there Wednesday? Very nice car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anyone seen a black/bisquit Elise? I have to make my final decision and am torn between the bisquit and black leathers

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have not seen one, but if I was to get black exterior, I would get bisquit interior. It would be cooler in the sun and also look nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
thanks for the info. I am told that I have an October build at Maplecrest so I'll probably have the elise just in time for the snow...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've got the same problem. My current standing order (i.e. order written out but the dealer has not been asked to submit it to Ltous yet) is black on black, but I had previous selected the biscuit interior. I was just concerned that the color was odd. I'd love to see some better pictures or get more opinions on it. I've got plenty of time to change my order - I think.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Reddirt14 said:
My current standing order (i.e. order written out but the dealer has not been asked to submit it to Ltous yet) is black on black, but I had previous selected the biscuit interior. I was just concerned that the color was odd.
Black and biscuit is a pretty "classic" combination. I have seen many cars in this combo (my father just got rid of a BMW in this combo last month) and it is not odd. Looks good. I have not seen it (or the biscuit interior) on the Elise, but I think it would be a good combo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts