The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scott M
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to install a new Evora clutch MC this weekend. As the brakes need to be bled any way, can I skip past the BOE steps designed to bleed fluid into the MC after install where the instructions have you loosen the high pressure line at the wheel well connection? If I'm going to be bleeding the whole system (4 calipers and clutch slave), is there a benefit or need to bleed the new MC before I turn to the larger bleeding process?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I doubt there'd be a difference since you're going to bleed the whole system anyhow. Not sure if the Tilton setup comes with a replacement line, but the Wilwood did, so that connection gets disconnected anyhow during the install. I wouldn't think it's a good bleed location either, since it's not at a high point in the line.

·
Scott M
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does come with a line about 2' long from just off the MC reservoir. Their steps include clamping at appropriate spots to eliminate the introduction of air down-stream, but that's not a particular concern for me given the general maintenance need.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I guess it would be theoretically easier to purge any air at that union versus pushing air bubbles all the way to the slave cylinder.

·
Scott M
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it would be theoretically easier to purge any air at that union versus pushing air bubbles all the way to the slave cylinder.
That’s really the gist of my question. And, if I’m using a pressure bleeder, is there really an increase in degree of difficulty? Feels like it’s easier to connect the bleeder just once at the end, and only bleed from nipples. That bleeding at the line fittings seems like a fluid mess waiting to happen.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I used a Motive pressure bleeder when I put my Wilwood in. I think as long as you get all the air bubbles out, regardless of method, then it'll be fine.

I agree with you; bleeding from that fitting would probably be messy for little to no gain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts