The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Perry found this little latch, so I can't take credit.

This my install of the "aero-catch." It's the same latch that the 2eleven uses and many race cars. It's much more secure than a hood pin setup and it looks better IMO.It's also very "trick" and unique, which really fits the Lotus personality:cool:

Install was very easy and fast. I used a rotozip to cut the hole. I had already fabbed up a tower to mount the pin portion of the catch from my previous hood-pin setup. The stock boot lid latch actually weighs a decent amount (Couple pounds) where this setup probably doesn't weigh but a few ounces. Even the pin for this aero-catch is made from aluminum:up: Operation is super easy and it's lockable!

Price was under a hundred bucks too, so no complaints there either:nanner2:

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Pics

More Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
:shrug: What's wrong with the factory setup?

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:shrug: What's wrong with the factory setup?
That's like asking what's wrong with touring wheels and touring shocks:D... They're fine, but there are better out there:evil:

Best,

Phil

PS-Did I say Touring:eek:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been thwacked again!:eek::D

Besides the weight and the overall uncoolness of the stock key hole setup (or anything stock for that matter), another thing I hated about it was that I always had my keys in the cabin when I needed to get into the darn boot. That kind of thing can drive a person straight to the nut-house;)

This new solution can remains unlocked and accessible 99% of the time and is quite cool in person....oh yes, light weight as well...

Green- Mount to the engine?:huh: Seriously man, what do you take me for?:thwack::D

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very novel. :up:

I'm sure that not using your key to access the boot has made it all worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
First of all, Perry found this little latch, so I can't take credit.

This my install of the "aero-catch." It's the same latch that the 2eleven uses and many race cars. It's much more secure than a hood pin setup and it looks better IMO.It's also very "trick" and unique, which really fits the Lotus personality:cool:

Install was very easy and fast. I used a rotozip to cut the hole. I had already fabbed up a tower to mount the pin portion of the catch from my previous hood-pin setup. The stock boot lid latch actually weighs a decent amount (Couple pounds) where this setup probably doesn't weigh but a few ounces. Even the pin for this aero-catch is made from aluminum:up: Operation is super easy and it's lockable!

Price was under a hundred bucks too, so no complaints there either:nanner2:

Best,

Phil
Your ingenuity amazes me. I've got a bunch of real carbon fiber from our trashed front splitter that we ought to make something with. Any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts