The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Photos of the items now included. Cool to see that Lotus has repurchased Colin Chapman's Esprit.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
So how does it work for the guys who already have the certificates from Andy Graham? Do we still have to pay the same price or a reduced price since we already paid the first time?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Looks cool but the only thing that will get lighter is my wallet.

San

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
I like the new presentation, but I’m glad all my past letters and certificates are signed by Andy Graham.

A couple of my past Lotus cars are missing (69 Elan S4, 65 Elan S2 and my current 05 Elise. My Lotus racing kart wasn’t eligible for a certificate)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks nice.
I always thought 2 pieces of paper(nice quality, however) for the previous certificate of provenance program felt a bit lacking.
I'm not sure what I would do with doodads and trinkets, though. Nice touch, but I'm afraid they'll just end up forgotten in a drawer somewhere.

·
Registered
99 Posts
According to Lotus USA, the cost for the new version is $226.67. No idea why it's such an odd number.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I feel it should come with a cool new blank key like the one inokinetic offers that we can cut and actually use. Using the vin they could probably already have it precut. Just saying that would be cooler than a bookmark and the other stuff that’ll never get put to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got mine at the end of last year... but I'm a sucker for the extra fanciness and little things they're adding. Now to determine if it's worth another 200ish bucks to do it again. 🤔

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
This program feels contrived and without real value. Trinkets indeed, and not much more than that unless you simply have to own every piece of . The paper certificate is the only truly useful thing to future owners unless you must have every pin and sticker they make. I don't really get the value of offerings like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I contacted Andy just a week ago and he gave me the heads-up that the new program would be coming out soon. I was disappointed I didn't get a signed copy from him. Just the same, I'll only be doing it once, so I consider it money well-spent, even if it's $226.67. Besides, if I play my cards right, I won't be spending at all ... my husband will be getting it for me as an early Xmas gift. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just want the lightweight Cert... shame that's not an option. Ironic Lotus is adding weight with expensive trinkets...

If I were to purchase this heavy kit, are there any possible takers for the fancy boxed trinkets? Say $150 + shipping? Let me know and I'll start the process...

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
I just want the lightweight Cert... shame that's not an option. Ironic Lotus is adding weight with expensive trinkets...

If I were to purchase this heavy kit, are there any possible takers for the fancy boxed trinkets? Say $150 + shipping? Let me know and I'll start the process...
It comes with an aluminum plaque with your VIN #. I don’t think anyone would want to buy something that doesn’t have their own VIN.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'd bet someone out there would want all but the two items with my details. It's not like it's a display case...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts