The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a break in the rains out here, so I decided to snap some pics of my recent mods: S111 CF Roof (painted out, unpainted in), CF Splitter, Volk TE 37s (16x7 17x8) w/ stock AO48s on the front and 245s on the back, harness, etc, etc.

Now if I can only get a figgin' weekend free to drive it!!!! :rolleyes: - dan

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
looks great:up:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Super nice...love the looks of your exige...very clean.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Oh, they finally have it now? I will give S111 a rare applause on the price point this time - it's exactly what I was want. Yes - me want bad (painted, just like yours).

Edit: Looks awesome. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
263 Posts
:drool:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Pehaps I am mistaken but that isn't an exact copy of a cup/240's mohawk is it? This one looks different - more squarish.

This was harder to tell in the Sector 111 pictures but seeing one painted sure does clarify the difference.

Also - does it still have the rear bracket - it's lines do not look like they match up with the rear hoop and engine covers mohawk. (Perhaps it is just the angels of the photos) Kinda looks bumped up where the roof meets the roll bar hoop.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome!!! More pics please! How's the fit on the roof?
It's pretty good for CF, I guess. Not like factory, but pretty close. I had to run some thicker weatherstripping along the back, where it meets the roll hoop, because the passenger side had a gap about 1/8th in wider than the driver's side. The weatherstripping I added makes the difference between the two sides look imperceptible now. The front is a perfect fit. No water intrusion, and no noticeable diff in wind sound.

Overall, I'd give it an A-. :up:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pehaps I am mistaken but that isn't an exact copy of a cup/240's mohawk is it? This one looks different - more squarish.

This was harder to tell in the Sector 111 pictures but seeing one painted sure does clarify the difference.

Also - does it still have the rear bracket - it's lines do not look like they match up with the rear hoop and engine covers mohawk. (Perhaps it is just the angels of the photos) Kinda looks bumped up where the roof meets the roll bar hoop.
There is only a slight diff between this one and the 240s - the front sides of the scoop are flared inward rather than out, but no diff in the opening or anything else. They did that for copyright issues, I believe.

Yes, there is a very slight diff in height at the roll bar hoop, which may be a little greater due to the fact that the weatherstripping I added was quite thick, not allowing the top to seat all the way in the middle. I think the pics exaggerate it a bit - in person, it's hard to notice. But I think I will eventually modify the inside to add back the stock center bracket to pull that part down flush - should be a fairly easy mod.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...I'd say the car is coming along quite well!:drool:

I'd love to see it in the flesh sometime.

Get out there and drive!
Thanks Todd! How's businees up there in Portland? Still selling Lotus?

·
shay2nak
24,979 Posts
hey dan,
did you use a bracket on the back of the inside of the top? remember that whole discussion that was on here?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey dan,
did you use a bracket on the back of the inside of the top? remember that whole discussion that was on here?
Yeah, I do... For right now it's not an issue, but I would feel better if there were a bracket like in the stock 07 roof. Mechanically, it seems like you would need something like that to keep the scoop tunnel in line. Or, I guess you could have some sort of rigid sleeve to insert in the opening above the rool bar hoop and then slide the roof opening over it before securing it to the car.

I think the simplest solution would be to bond a wooden block to the underside of the roof (because the inside of the roof is a bit higher than stock) which will take the stock bracket. Should be a very easy mod, even for someone like me who's all thumbs.

I might go on a run next weekend (MDR??), and can show you some ideas I have.

·
shay2nak
24,979 Posts
yeah, i don't think the bowing will be an issue because CF is stronger than fiberglass. I would just roll as-is and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts