The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am about to get a used Lotus Elise (I hope).
I do have a question, I can't seem to find any value guides for used Loti, is there a website somewhere that gives some rough pricing guidelines?

Hope to be an Elise owner in the next two weeks, wish me luck...

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Hi,
I am about to get a used Lotus Elise (I hope).
I do have a question, I can't seem to find any value guides for used Loti, is there a website somewhere that gives some rough pricing guidelines?

Hope to be an Elise owner in the next two weeks, wish me luck...
There were too few for there to be any presence in a value guide. Best bet is to search through all of the old for sale threads on this forum and check around on ebay/dealers for comps.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
welcome from fox valley motorcars service department.
good luck in your up comming purchase. if we can be of any service please feel free to pm me with any questions you might have....sales, service, parts, or anything, even if you find a car somewhere else, get the VIN number and we can see if there is any service history, open recalls, or even give you the date the car is out of warranty. i hope you have a great experience.

good luck and check out our inventory if you like.
www.foxvalleymotorcars.com

T.J.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks Ian and TJ.
What are the downsides of a "tracked" car, just that it has been revved very high often?
Aside from the drivetrain, most likely more wear and tear on the suspension, brakes and tires. It all depends on how many miles is on the car and how many of it came from tracking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
welcome from fox valley motorcars service department.
good luck in your up comming purchase. if we can be of any service please feel free to pm me with any questions you might have....sales, service, parts, or anything, even if you find a car somewhere else, get the VIN number and we can see if there is any service history, open recalls, or even give you the date the car is out of warranty. i hope you have a great experience.

good luck and check out our inventory if you like.
www.foxvalleymotorcars.com

T.J.
Have TJ check out a car for you and use their service and knowledge. Very helpful and friendly people. Better yet buy one of their used Elises. I just saw a nice Black one like mine that they took in on a trade. PM me when you get one or if you have any questions. This website is a great resource.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Frankly, this is the used car pricing guide for the Elise.

Fox Valley has an excellent service department. You will be well taken car of by them.

You need to keep in mind that these cars have a Toyota powertrain. Reliability is not an issue. I have some customers with nearly 70k miles on their cars ad no major problems. These cars are fantastic when compared to older Lotus. The 2008 model had even more attention paid to increasing the quality of the vehicle (thank you again Mr. Shute and the rest of the Lotus Engineering Team).

The key to happy Lotus ownership is
1) maintenance, maintenance, maintenance
2) realize that you are buying into a community. The Lotus is not designed or marketed to a "lifestyle", ownership is the lifestyle. It's a lot like university, you get out of it as much as you put into it.

Welcome to the community.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome, wallabyguy.
I test drove the 05 black today. There was an odd buzz or rattle only in 3rd gear.
The salesman is going to have the mechanic check it Monday, but it spooked me a bit for this particular car. I just don't want to get a dud :(

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, wallabyguy.
I test drove the 05 black today. There was an odd buzz or rattle only in 3rd gear.
The salesman is going to have the mechanic check it Monday, but it spooked me a bit for this particular car. I just don't want to get a dud :(

:tadts:

:D

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Got it home and found out the passenger door lock is broken. Oh well its still under warranty (barely)
You sure it's broken? There are two separate locks. If you lock the door with the key, the fob won't open it. If you lock it with the fob, the key won't open it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Andykeck, its a manual lock, definitely loose and broken. Since its manual should be easier to fix maybe.
Hi Chuck, hope to see you on the road, I am thinking of doing that Galena event...
Max, we are the starlight twins. I am in the city on the NW side.

I got my first question about the car at a gas station from a guy in a Ford F150 "Is that a kit car?".

When I had it in the garage at home ,I noticed the trunk release tab required by law in the US. Very funny...who could possibly fit in there?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts