The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
The painted vents and the unique wheels indicate that this is the 135R model that comes with it's own unique shade of silver called 'Silver Mica'. It's also available in a unique 'Blue Mica' and 'Saffron Yellow'. It's basically the base Elise model plus the LotusSport Suspension and the 135 bhp upgrade. Called the 135R it is intended as a stripper track model.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I know what color I want now! I was going to go with Chrome Orange but if I can get Silver Mica, this is it! This car looks like liquid mercury. And I sure hope they paint the vents on the US version. Infact I"m going to go start a thread on that :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Never seen the hardtop in person, but the picture I got from the Lotus web site that I use as my wallpaper background for my computer shows that lower band down the center.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Guys the car in that pic is just a boggo std elise that they covered in silver paint for a motor show because they didn't have anything new or exciting to show.

·
Registered
169 Posts
mopolak and moose, I'm curious how sure either of you are of your opionions here. I'd like to order the color in this picture. If it is indeed mica silver, that should be fairly straight forward given that it's a standard Aussie color, if not, I would be a lot more difficult or impossible. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
pdemaio said:
I'd like to order the color in this picture. If it is indeed mica silver, that should be fairly straight forward given that it's a standard Aussie color, if not, I would be a lot more difficult or impossible. Thoughts?
Straight forward, if you live in OZ.

Probably impossible if you live in US.

[unless you plan to order the paint and get the car repainted yourself, in which case it's just difficult and very expensive]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mica silver is actually more blue than silver - it's a light blue metallic fairly close to ice blue. It was only available on the "limited" edition 135R that was released here not too long ago.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
pdemaio said:
mopolak and moose, I'm curious how sure either of you are of your opionions here. I'd like to order the color in this picture. If it is indeed mica silver, that should be fairly straight forward given that it's a standard Aussie color, if not, I would be a lot more difficult or impossible. Thoughts?
I can't be 100% sure, but given that it does appear to be a Silver Mica shade, it's got the painted grills of the 135R and the unique wheels of the 135R, I'd still say it's a 135R.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Additionally if you look on the Lotus Australia website, the Silver Mica has a blue hue to it, that car above looks more Arctic Silver if anything.

I've seen a few 135R's in Silver Mica in the flesh and I'd stand by my view that they are blue tinted.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Moose,

It looks like there is a blue hue to the car, but the spot lighting on it is a warm color...therefore making the car appear to be multiple shades of silver (if it is at all possible to have multiple shades of grey :))

1 - 17 of 17 Posts