The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...
I figured it was about time to get into the community (again) as I'm embarking on a restoration project and that always generates a lot of questions.

I actually started this project about 30 years ago but you know how it goes... a couple of divorces, a couple of new wives, pressures from jobs, major moves...

I'm finally situated, have modest facilities and some time, and it's time!

The car is the 1967 Europa Series 1 (chassis # 460197) that I bought new in Monterey, CA. I was told it was the third arrival to the west coast.

Just like everyone else, I'll be looking for some parts but the biggest one will be an engine. I have a stock R-16 "placeholder" in the chassis but the original engine (which was removed for rebuild) was given away to a junk dealer by my second ex during the divorce proceedings. I don't want to go into it...

Two mysteries answered in one paragraph: My nickname comes from another car - back in the '80s I got drag race fever again and built a tube chassis '73 Vega Panel Wagon with a seriously hopped up Big Block Chevy "Rat" motor. I raced it for about 4 years before I ran out of money... Which also answers the question "why is the resto taking so long?"

Seriously, I'm very interested in finding out how far others have been able to push a stock Europa chassis because I intend to re-fit with significantly more power and a more substantial transmission.

Enough for now...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts