The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Sweet looking ride. Love the top of the frame looking like a spine over the tank. Left inner thigh will be toasty, though;-)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Cool look and VERY cool photography. Almost reminds me of Sin City, which makes me think of nekkid Carla Gugino which makes me happy!

Not really a motorcyle guy, but looks really cool.

Just out of curiosity, what is that style of photography called? Is that something that's done with the camera or post effects (Photoshop)?

Whatever it is, it's really cool!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cool look and VERY cool photography. Almost reminds me of Sin City, which makes me think of nekkid Carla Gugino which makes me happy!

Not really a motorcyle guy, but looks really cool.

Just out of curiosity, what is that style of photography called? Is that something that's done with the camera or post effects (Photoshop)?

Whatever it is, it's really cool!
It's called HDR (High dynamic range). It's overused a lot but can look dramatic. Usually done in post-processing, but a number of new digital cameras have it built in as a preset so you can crank it out right out of your card. What it does is take several shots of the same scene, underexpose one, overexpose another, and then digitally combine the lowest and highest ranges into one frame to artificially add darkest and lightest parts of the scene.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's called HDR (High dynamic range). It's overused a lot but can look dramatic. Usually done in post-processing, but a number of new digital cameras have it built in as a preset so you can crank it out right out of your card. What it does is take several shots of the same scene, underexpose one, overexpose another, and then digitally combine the lowest and highest ranges into one frame to artificially add darkest and lightest parts of the scene.
Very cool! Thanks for explaining.

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
something like what he said...

I wouldn't say HDR is overused, but often the result image is blended with incorrect recipes. These two particular images are blends of seven images bracketed for different integration times - 3 overexposed, 3 underexposed, 1 'normal' exposure. And one recipe doesn't fit all situations. The biggest problem with this technique outside of using good blending recipes is the scene must have no or minimal movement to reduce haloing.

After blending to get a new image, the standard workflow for eliminating blemishes and enhancing the image is still applicable. All my work done in ps - it is a laborious effort that often provides me with good results.

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know the specs on his motorcycle. I just heard it roar into the parking lot. And after I saw it I had to cruise back to my house for my camera equipment and my Elise. I have one more image to share from this set.

Attachments

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
same coworker, new bike

he built this one for his lady

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
He built that? Dude is stupid talented!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Those are impressive. Lots of interesting ideas. What are the engines? I can't place them. With that said, the welds look surprisingly rough on the white bike. Not up to the standard that the rest of the bike was built to. Must be a story there.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Very cool looking but I would not want to ride it. My spine would get compressed on that seat with the first bump.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts