The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not new information, but there is now a more formal notice.

Ron Tonkin Announces Lotus, Saleen Specialty Car Franchises

With the introduction of the Lotus Elise, Motorcorsa will offer both high-performance motorcycles and high-performance cars – a selection not found anywhere else in North America.

“The Elise fits in perfectly at Motocorsa," said Arun Sharma, Motocorsa’s general manager. “We’re looking forward to introducing our motorcycle clients to the world of high-performance cars.”

Motocorsa is located at 9008 SW Canyon Road in Portland, (503) 292-7488.

“We are excited to bring these world-class performance vehicles to auto enthusiasts here,” Ron Tonkin said. “The Saleen represents the finest in hand-crafted exotic cars, and the Lotus is the ultimate performance production car – these are the best vehicles available in each category.”

http://www.motocorsa.com/

·
Registered
970 Posts
Randy, you should also mention that they are bringing over entire list from Tonkin Gran Turismo...there were approx 40 people on that list...does this announcement mean that they actually signed the contract with Lotus?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mact3333 said:
Randy, you should also mention that they are bringing over entire list from Tonkin Gran Turismo...there were approx 40 people on that list...does this announcement mean that they actually signed the contract with Lotus?
I wonder how many people that were on that list, are still in the market, and did not go onto someone else's list?

This is from a Tomkin Press Release, so I would think it should be a done deal, or someone was premature.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is fantastic news. I was dreading having to go all the way to Seattle from Eugene to service the Elise.

I met Ron Tonkin at the Forest Grove Concours several years ago. He had his then new F40 along side a 212 Vignale Export, I believe. Heck of a nice guy and extremely knowledgeable when it came to cavellino rampante.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Just spoke with Arun and Tonkin did formally sign the contract with Lotus...my car is supposed to be built in a few wks and delivery tentatively scheduled for late Feb/early March....Motocorsa still looking to expand and move to eastside somewhere but having hard time finding a decent location...hopefully they will get a demo soon so I can drive this car...but since Ive ordered already, why bother since its too late..:)...forgot to ask him how many people from old Tonkin list still interested and have sent in a deposit..bet not many, hence if anyone around here interested, they should give Arun a call soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I too just spoke to Arun. He has attempted to call all those on the Tonkin list. Many have not responded or have gone elsewhere. Anyway I am now #6 at Motocorsa. Maybe I should get a new Ducati to go with the Elise?

·
Registered
970 Posts
atyclb said:
congrats mact :)

thanks...and congrats on U2's new CD being a hit...:)...wife got it for me for christmas(it was hidden but I snooped it out)...:).

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Thank the Lord that Mact3333's Buzzbomb is in the pipeline!

Last time I heard.....you were headed to Palm Springs for an Elyse and tan.

;)

You have a very crazy name by the way. :D

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts