The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from a post on the Puresportscar sight:

When are the cars coming???
Just talked to a couple of dealers this morning to see if the demos were anywhere near the shores and was told another two week delay had been communicated to them by Lotus. Got the exact same answer from two dealers in different parts of the country so I suspect it is true. Anyone out there got a line on what may really be going on.

I was really hoping to see this before I saw my 2004 Christmas tree. My other cars are selling and I may be relegated to 1992 Toyota wagon if this keeps up.

Any solid info would be appreciated. Like once they get going are the numers going to be a bit higher to make up for the three month delay??

Thanks

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Well, I have some information, but it's not quite public, and I WAS REALLY HOPING, that a couple of us behind the scenes could convince Lotus/LotusUSA to issue a statement or formally allow us to break the news.

I can tell you this, that information is based on truth but the details may not be right.

I will tell you more as soon as I can. Lotus USA intends on talking to the dealers next week and then all the dealers will know when exactly the cars will be delivered.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sounds ominous....:eek:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Crap, I am kinda screwed if I don't say anything, and screwed if I do. :eek:

I think a very important point needs to be made.

ANY POSSIBLE DELAY THAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FUTURE SHIPMENTS.

If you are number 3 or lower on the waiting list, this means nothing to you. Heck, it may not mean anything if you were number 2, depending on the dealer. Maybe even possibly will have no impact to the first person on the list. Maybe.

The truth is, this is a non-story, and it even has some positives associated with it, but the lack of information, and then trickling out by rumors, makes it seem a lot worse.

Repeat-
ANY POSSIBLE DELAY THAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FUTURE SHIPMENTS.

·
Registered
677 Posts
So, who is for hijacking the "dealer demo" shipment that is on it's way?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It was those damned side reflectors. We knew they were bad news!!!

DOOMED:eek:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
SHHHHHH!!! Don't say anything!

Remember this is Lotus and everything must be top secret! God forbid this info be made public!

PS - LOTUS - this isn't an episode of the "X-Files" ...get real.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
The ships are here, so the only delay could be from customs/DOT. This would explain not impacting future shipments. Two weeks is probably the longest it would take to sort out the issue I would think (hope).

Of course I'm only guessing here.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
OSAMA BIN LADEN WOULD BE WISE TO HIDE OUT IN THE LOTUS FACTORY. NOONE WOULD EVER FIND HIM AND DETAILS OF HIS HIDING WOULD BE GUARANTEED NOT TO LEAK OUT. He could even sleep in my car, noone would ever know including me.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Our spies have already told us the ships have sailed. More likely a delay in port of entry (POE). Have heard of brand new designs of cars sometime taking a bit longer to get through customs, the first time. To me the good news is that Lotus is sending them out every week or so. Let them get to the dealer as there ready as opposed to one big batch per month.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Randy Chase said:
it even has some positives associated with it
this is the most interesting part of this thread by far...what could it mean?? Extra options? Black wheels? Fixing some minor problems? Randy we need more hints! ;)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
the price is moving in a positive direction :D

1 - 20 of 183 Posts