The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
592 Posts
Any review is good PR. Unfortunately I think Doug grew tired of the Evora. After all he did check out the S as mentioned years back. Lotus hasn't really changed much on the car. They are due for a refresh.

·
Registered
565 Posts
First, why did the dealer not wait and get him to review an Evora GT? Second, I enjoy Doug's reviews, but his Evora S and Evora 400 reviews were some of his worst reviews he has ever done. I know the Evora is a pretty spartan car compared to what he normally reviews, so not a ton of his signature quirks and features, but this review almost seemed like an obligation since he reviews so many CNC motor cars and they are a Lotus dealer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Overall a pretty good review. Doug seems to really like the car in general. He has some criticism of the price and the entertainment system and it's hard to argue with him there. But that was some damning with faint praise for the engine.
I wonder if Doug has ever owned a shirt that had a collar?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Love his reviews in general, good entertainment and info.

Sure he knows cars, and street performance. But I really doubt he’s a track aficionado, someone who sees what some of us do in these cars.

And seriously, the Lotus creed of minimalism is hardly mainstream.

Reactions: glb

·
Registered
184 Posts
I watch him religiously and for the most part agree with his reviews. I thought his Evora S review was more detailed than this one. It almost appeared “forced” like he was deadpan.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I watch him religiously and for the most part agree with his reviews. I thought his Evora S review was more detailed than this one. It almost appeared “forced” like he was deadpan.
You have to get someone willing to hammer on it a bit on the back roads to really do a proper review. I liked Matt Farah's review a lot better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This was on his "More Doug" channel where he does shorter reviews / reviews of cars he doesn't think would do well on his main channel which is probably why its much shorter not as in depth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doug is so overrated. Disappointed in him when he reviewed the Quattroporte single clutch automatic and trashed it. I love those cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doug doesn’t push hard enough to enjoy it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts