The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw in Motor Trend or some magazine last night Lotus is going to produce a 2+2 for import in 2006/7....does that mean that the current car will only have a 2 yr run? (per the exemptions)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Do you really think Lotus's crystal ball can see THAT far into the future!!!! hahhaa

but yes, the "current" Elise will basically only have a 2 year run, and then it would either be modified, or dropped all together. I am sure lotus would like to modify it to a world car, AND have the 2+2, and the Esprit replacement, but is lotus financially capable of a 3 car line up? thats the big mystery that they probably don't even know.

·
Registered
970 Posts
MJC123 said:
Saw in Motor Trend or some magazine last night Lotus is going to produce a 2+2 for import in 2006/7....does that mean that the current car will only have a 2 yr run? (per the exemptions)

that car you saw isnt the elise replacement, it is the replacement for the M250, which was never produced...its priced between Elise and Esprit...hethel has been planning that model for yrs...the Esprit replacement look pretty nice...but for anything over 100K, I would never buy a Lotus...I would get me a F430!

·
Banned
338 Posts
-hope they do drop it after 2006

Just think how exclusive a car it would be if they drop it after 2006. Prices might actually go up.
cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts