The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice.

Shows view out back of Krypton Elise toward CO and Silver on a track.

"The 2005 Lotus Elise. To get this close, you need to own one.

Find out more about the Elise and the location of your nearest Lotus dealer at www.lotuscars.com"

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Cancelled my Autoweek subscription ages ago, but does the classifieds section have an Elise in it yet? It's like the buyer's remorse/flip cars section!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You left coast guys sure get Autoweek well ahead of Georgia, I don't see mine until Saturday, Friday if I'm lucky!

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
It's a sketch concept. I think the idea of an oveerstuffed bodybuilder up against a sprinter speaks for itself, though. One is designed for power, the other is designed for quickness. That says it all. That's Lotus' mantra. The same image could be presented at a racetrack, putting a Clydesdale up against thoroughbred racers. Or a big tiger next to a cheetah. The point is to show that even in Nature, size and power do not equate to speed. In fact, they more often hinder it.

PS - Showing the finish line would insult the intelligence of the consumer. A great ad goes 80% of the way, making the reader stretch 20% to get the concept. Otherwise, you just bore them.

·
shay2nak
24,994 Posts
I'm placing my bets alright. I'm betting that I'm not going to see my damn car before February! Thanks Lotus!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts