The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my latest Lotus ReMarque newsletter (Lotus Ltd's newsletter). An article by Andrew Barron suggests that the Elise will have a full leather interior option. This includes the '...entire door trim, all but the seat bolsters and the gear-shifter cover.' He mentions the LSS but also a full race version for SCCA T2 with full roll cage and other safety features. The suggested price is $12k - though nothing appears official.

ReMarque is also suggesting that the base price will be $38.6k. They claim that you can option the car up to $42k.

Naturally I was shocked not to see any mention of a special color that I have become quite fond of....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I wonder what the full leather option would look like? Personally I prefer Alcantara seats, as they will be less slippery when driving hard. Also I like the look of the Aluminum dashboard. I’d have to see what the leather trim looked like.

I'll be getting the LSS, but will have no need for a racing version as my Liz will be primarily a street-car with weekend track use only. It is nice to have the option though.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
I'd have to agree with Derek on this ... after having a car with leather seats, and doing some Autox and Track days, i'm definitely looking forward to something that will hold me in a little bit better. You slide around on leather too much.

But, those seats look like they could wrap around you rather well, so maybe it wouldn't matter?

Pardon my stupidity - what's LSS? Suspension option?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have leather seats, but they have nylon edges (if you see what I mean) and moving in the seat hasn't proven to be a problem on the track.

Just an FYI if you would prefer leather. (The alcantara is nice too though).

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I have full leather in my Alltrac and it is quite nice. The high bolsters and snug seats hold you in. But Alcantara seats would be interesting. How does that stuff hold up?

ReMarque is also suggesting that the base price will be $38.6k. They claim that you can option the car up to $42k.
I think that is very good to hear. What we have been told all along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts