The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been admiring the Elise since it debuted in the US back in 05 and have been lurking on this forum for a couple years drooling over the Elise. Well, I finally took the plunge and bought my very own a couple weeks ago. It is a 2005 Elise in magnetic blue. It has been a blast so far getting to know the car. I even had it out to an autocross for the first time on Sunday in the Dayton, OH area. I have been autocrossing a '90 AWD Turbo Eclipse for years, but the lightweight RWD Elise is a big change! This forum is a great wealth of knowledge that I am appreciating even more now that I am an owner. Thanks all. Picture attached.

-Loris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Figures, I move from Piqua Ohio to Chicago then I find all the Lotus's in Ohio.

My daughter lives in Dayton, I will give you a heads up when I am going that way when I get home from deployment.

Darrin

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS and welcome to the forums! She looks sweet! I haven't been to Dayton since the mid 90s. At that time there was a LOT of machine manufacturing facilities that were cutting edge. Also had some fantastic robotics training there. Is the manufacturing side of business still prospering there? Anyway, enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately manufacturing has been leaving the Dayton area in recent years. GM closed their SUV plant in Moraine. NCR pulled out of Dayton. Delphi closed their plant. On and on it goes. So not as much manufacturing anymore. It does still have a strong high technology segment. Aerospace industry is big of course due to the proximity of the Air Force Base.

-Loris

·
Registered
385 Posts
New owner of an Exige Club Racer here in Dayton. Good to see there is another fairly new Lotus owner! If you get interested in taking a drive once the weather warms up a bit, let me know.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If your ever new Cleveland give me a shout! Welcome fellow new owner! Looks clean!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome!! And sweet ride you've got there, love the color! I've got a mag blue too! Check out Columbus cars and coffee. I'm from the Pittsburgh area and our PGHCNC group corresponds with Columbus often, maybe we'll cross paths. I've met a few Lotus owners from that group, a good bunch of people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts