The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have lurked on this forum for some time, but finally need to make an account to start participating now that I have gotten my hands on an Elise.

I fairly recently picked up a 2005 saffron elise with both the sport and touring pack at a lien sale. It was a bit of a leap of faith as I have never spent that much money on a car, much less a non running one with no keys or mileage info. It was a multi month process to get it registered, get a key, refresh the fluids and solder a few wires that had been chewed through, and get the open recalls taken care of. But I finally have a good running and driving elise! I took it up to the mountains last weekend and it was great. I already signed up for an autocross early next month to learn the limits of the car.

It is not perfect, and there are a few small trim pieces that I will need to get, as well as the headliner. I also want to have the front clam looked at as it is a bit torn up on the bottom from the previous owner likely hitting some driveways too steeply. Overall I am so happy to have the car and plan to keep it for a long time.

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It's nice To hear you were able to fix it up and bring it up to snuff! Congrats and welcome!!!

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really like the integras but I have been gaining more interest in the RSX lately. Sucks to lose the car to a rear ending.
It was a bummer to lose it for sure. It was my first car, and I had had it for a long time.

RSX type S is great to have a factory K series, but in terms of suspension design I prefer the double wishbone front of the Integra vs the McPherson front of the RSX.

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1; 2011 Audi S4 Manual
452 Posts
Welcome to LT from a fellow 2005 Saffron Yellow Elise owner! The car looks great. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have been loving mine.👍

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1; 2011 Audi S4 Manual
452 Posts
Thanks! yours looks great as well, what wheels are those? I have never seen them before,
Thanks! Apparently Lotus did not have the LSS wheels for the Sport package for a time during production of the 2005 Elises, so they swapped in the Euro-market Exige wheels as a replacement in the Sport pack. While I love the look of the LSS wheels, I really like the look of my wheels plus the fact that they are a lot less common.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts