The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

This is my first post, but I have been lurking about these forums since the end of '05. I just joined today because I finally got my new 2007 Elise (yes I said new hahaha, it was sitting in the show room of Park Ave Lotus since it was new in '07. 13 miles on the clock when I picked it up on Saturday). I think I got a great deal on the car. I also am getting the Stage II installed from the dealer, I make the appointment for that today.

I would love any words of wisdom from all of you to a new owner& thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Welcome Guy! We're glad you're here!

You'll love that Stage II!

Go SLOWLY in and out of driveways.

Put a towel under the passenger seat for foggy mornings in the car.

Get another Fix-A-Flat can at the auto parts store, wrap it in foam, and store it in the trunk. The one that comes with the car is not so good...

And get a car cover for lengthy outdoor parking. Keeps prying eyes and fingers away, and keeps your interior like new. Cal Car Cover ? Custom Fit Car Covers, Motorcycle Covers, Cleaning Products, Garage Accessories, Collectibles and More

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe thanks... atleast you got can with your car. Looks like some one pirated mine from the car a while ago. Which may be a good time to ask if I am missing anything else taht should be with the car I have the following:

Hard top cover
Soft top & bag
Manual & Manual subliment
Radio face case
Front plate mount

Am I missing any thing else?

Thanks,

Guy

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

Make sure you have the hardtop removal tool, it's probably been placed into your tool pouch in the trunk.

While going slow into and out of driveways is important, you also need to learn to take them at an angle, up to 45 degrees depending on how severe they are.

Lastly, even though you have an '07, do not parallel park! You don't have bumpers, you have a clever interpretation of the US bumper standards. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh right, I do have the roof tool kit. I forgot to list that, it is cool how it's velcro backed....the bumper... I forgot, thanks for the heads-up.

Man what a great club to be part of. I can not stop grinning, I feel like a 40 year old little kid.... how great is that?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Welcome and good luck!

How do you intend to use the car? Daily Driver? Track Fiend? Weekend Warrior? I can make suggestions based on all of them, which is why I ask.

One thing you definitely want to do is take care when removing or putting on your seatbelt. The metal plate can collide with the interior painted surface of the door and chip it quite easily. Ask me how I know!:rolleyes:

Best wishes!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks... I will mostly be doing weekend runs & the random nice day to work thing, altho I have not ruled out getting on the track.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Read the owners manual. Pay particular attention to the section regarding engine break-in and talk to the service manager at the dealership about it as well. You need to be careful not to over rev the engine and avoid standing starts.

If you haven't already, take a high performance driving class or several. You might want to consider this one: Lotus Cars USA | Performance Driving School

You will be safer, more confident and get more enjoyment out of your car if you get some training (if you're not already there).

Get a radar detector right away. Most people get the Valentine 1 or the Beltronics.

You should always drive the speed limit and drive safely at all times, obviously, but be particularly careful in the Lotus as it is highly visible to cops.

Look for opportunities to go on "Meet and Drives" with other Lotus owners in your area. It's a great way to meet people with similar interests who can also share valuable information with you about fun roads, dealers, other local shops and vendors, etc.

Remember why you got the car and take it out frequently and enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Front plate mount
This should be missing.

Please don't use that thing on your car. If you do want to attach a front plate there are other options that do not include drilling holes into your front clam for a plate mount that will most likely get ripped out at some point going over a speed bump or into a driveway.

Congrats on the car.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome, I just got mine a week ago, and I'm loving it :)

Time to start modding!

Regards,

-Adam

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I wholeheartedly recommend driving as often as possible.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome. Are you in NJ ?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sweet! Enjoy the car. Make sure you have the tool kit pouch with bit for the wheels and the tow hook, and some allen keys.

Well, if your in NJ, hope to see you around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally I am from North Jersey (still work there). Now I live in NY state, just north of Newburgh. It's about 45 mins to an hour north of NJ state line in the Hudson Valley. I am in Jersey a lot I have family & friends in North Jersey.

Didn't check for the lug key, will do that...thanks. About the front plate, since I am in NY the front plate is not optional, what do you recommend using for a bracket?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Looks like some one pirated mine from the car a while ago.
You have to stick your head waaaaay inside the trunk and look towards the passenger side, it's way up underneath. You'd never see it just standing there looking in. At least you will see an empty bracket if you didn't get the can.

Welcome!!! :wave:

·
Registered
275 Posts
pics when possible :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts