The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I live in the northern VA area and last weekend I purchased my first ever Lotus. I got a 2011 Solar Yellow Lotus Elise SC w/ hardtop (was told it was a Roger Becker Edition but not sure how to check that) with 5.7k miles (6K+ now) for $39,995. From other listings on the net that I can find, this price was an absolute steal. Not 100% sure though because I can't seem to find a blue book value on this car.

Previously I had an 05 Mazdaspeed Miata which I purchased new back in 06. Going from my mazda to my lotus was a HUGE difference, bigger than I expected. About the same difference as my wife's Acura TSX compared to the mazda, not even in the same league.

So, since I purchased the vehicle out of state, I'll need to get the VA state and emissions inspection done. I was curious for any of you in the area if you know of a good place to take it since my local lotus dealer is over the border in MD.

Got some pics for you all to look at too:

·
Registered
480 Posts
You need to re-size the pics, they're way too big.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes that was a steal! Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that was a steal! Congrats and enjoy.
Thanks, I thought so. This car should have sold for something closer to 45-55k right? Maybe even 60k?

Again, looking for someone in my area who can recommend a decent shop that can be trusted with lotuses.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats, I just bought an 08 Elise SC a few weeks too and also live in No VA. I take my car to Ferrari Washington in Sterling for the safety and emissions inspections, they are always very accommodating and respect the car. Plus since the fees are set by the state they charge the same as the crappy local gas station.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Congrats, looks sweet!

I have a 2009 Elise which has been rock-solid for 60,000 km. I think the later model year cars were better built than the original batch. At least things like resistor pack failures and lights popping out have been addressed. Hopefully too the oil line failures won't occur (at least there was no recall for that, knock on wood).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Absolute steal. I paid nearly 79 thousand for mine (Canada, we get raped on sales tax and gouged anyways on everything to begin with).

Enjoy!!!!!

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
Absolute steal. I paid nearly 79 thousand for mine (Canada, we get raped on sales tax and gouged anyways on everything to begin with).

Enjoy!!!!!
My uncle told me used Lotus cars are allowed to be imported now so there will be some lower priced used car sales to Canada.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, I just bought an 08 Elsie SC a few weeks too and also live in No VA. I take my car to Ferrari Washington in Sterling for the safety and emissions inspections, they are always very accommodating and respect the car. Plus since the fees are set by the state they charge the same as the crappy local gas station.
Thanks! I'll try taking it there, I thought that might be a place local which would have respect for the car. I don't wanna take it to a local gas station or auto shop since I've seen some bad pics from doing that.

How can I tell if I got a Roger Becker edition?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The Roger Becker additions have his signature on the car and a numbered plaque.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes it does have the star shield on both the front and back. Where should I check for the roger Becker signature? I read somewhere online it should be on the B pillar, that's next to the driver seat belt right? Is that the only difference for this special edition then?

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow! $39K? :clap: At that price, I could have had a 2nd one! -eek-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats... and absolutely AWESOME price assuming there are no issues with the car!
Check engine light came on, still has warranty until 8/14 so I took it in. Doh! Gas cap loose. Nope no problems except the driver. I bought it without a PPI since it still has plenty of warranty left.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can't seem to find a blue book value anywhere. Anyone know what the actual value of my car? I've seen a similar car from the local lotus dealer near me listed at $65k but that sounds way overpriced.

I was thinking it should have sold for closer to $55k, but it's just a wild guess on my part.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts