The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Just got back from driving around the Midwest and saw a blue Elise driving south on I-75 just south of Toledo. It was filthy -- such a crime...

Also of interest was a steady stream of exotics that were driving west on the Indiana Toll Road. It looked like either the Car & Driver One Lap of America or some kind of Gumball 2000 event. Very nice -- Ferraris, Lambos, an NSX, Porsches and others.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Goose said:
Hey everybody,

Just got back from driving around the Midwest and saw a blue Elise driving south on I-75 just south of Toledo. It was filthy -- such a crime...

Also of interest was a steady stream of exotics that were driving west on the Indiana Toll Road. It looked like either the Car & Driver One Lap of America or some kind of Gumball 2000 event. Very nice -- Ferraris, Lambos, an NSX, Porsches and others.
Could be the Players Run

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked the Players Run website. You're exactly right -- I recognize the stickers.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Player's Run is a dream come true if I had the money, and a car worthy of the event. Sick cars, smoking hot chics, and apparently track runs, helicopter rides and other surprises. 11K (plus shipping your car to NYC) isn't all bad considering it covers your hotels and food and parties.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I need to clear something out. Is the Players Run the same event as the Gumball 3000? Or is it just a horrible knock-off?

Was it the same organizers (that former-rally driver) as the Gumball?

I own a copy of Mischief 3000, and that is just an hour of solid motoring mayhem, an absolute blast to watch over and over and over again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The website said the fee was for a car and two people. $6000 for an awesome, once in a lifetime, week may be worth it. If anyone decides to do it next year and wants a copilot call me.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hell, for $4000 I'll go to Italy and run the motogiro ditalia 1600 km motocycle race (did it last year) that includes cost of the bik rental

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts