The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randy,

I was feeling randomly creative, so I decided to throw together a design for the ET banner (attached below). Most of it is illustrated, so I can change colors et al relatively easily. I was thinking the buttons could curve around the bottom of it. It can stretch to fit the width of the page if you want. Whaddya think? If you don't like, no worries.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think it's kinda cool.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the navigation would be integrated into the banner, and the whole thing would be "liquid", meaning it would stretch to fit the width of the window. Also, the logo would disappear (the ELISE TALK text in the top center is a new logo proposal, I guess). It's really just a sketch concept, but it's a thought :) I could do something with the current logo, though.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
transio said:
No, the navigation would be integrated into the banner, and the whole thing would be "liquid", meaning it would stretch to fit the width of the window. Also, the logo would disappear (the ELISE TALK text in the top center is a new logo proposal, I guess). It's really just a sketch concept, but it's a thought :) I could do something with the current logo, though.
Got it... can't wait to see it.

Neil

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, I would never do that ;)

Liquid layout simply means that the two sides are cut at the center and there's a background image that scales with the width of your browser. The only other way to scale it would be to create the header graphic as a flash file, so that it can scale 2-dimensionally as a vector graphic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts