Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Black

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't really care what color they are seeing as they aren't easily seen. I did vote for black though seeing as that is the color of the stock inserts.

Either way I'll be ordering a set.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Thanks for posting that video on your webpage, I've always been a bit uneasy with the idea of making harder engine mounts but it's nice to see that some movement is still allowed...they're not rock solid (that was my fear, that they'd be TOO hard). I like it. Also kinda scary how much the engine moves with the stock mounts!!!

I voted for red, but really don't care much between red and black, I'd buy either.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Potential downside?

Pardon the silly question, but is there a downside to this? I imagine body/frame vibration will increase, yes? Will this make the car even MORE, ahem, buzzy inside?

Does anything need to be strengthened (mounts? :shrug:) to cope with the decreased movement?

The vid sure shows what looks like lots of movement with the stock bushings...

Jim B.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pardon the silly question, but is there a downside to this? I imagine body/frame vibration will increase, yes? Will this make the car even MORE, ahem, buzzy inside?

Does anything need to be strengthened (mounts? :shrug:) to cope with the decreased movement?

The vid sure shows what looks like lots of movement with the stock bushings...

Jim B.
I got the ForcedFed engine dampener which effectively does the same thing (but costs more, I'm guessing) and there was no "down side". No (additional) vibration, "buzzy"ness, etc. A really good mod. I would have jumped at Manly's mounts if the were available at the time because this is a proven fix, but I wasn't into doing it myself.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks for taking this on - count me in :up:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
interested

·
Registered
433 Posts
can I change my choice from yellow to red? anything but black. But, yes, put me on the list for whatever color is available.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
if Jack's in im in where do i sign? Manly, are you going to put a bushing in the bolt hole so it doesn't tear the bushing . send me a email when there ready. by the way good job on the demo tape. carl

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, without a crush sleeve and/or a correctly shouldered bolt the urethane is gonna take some abuse. Not trying to be critical, just constructive.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts