The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many have of our Taunton, MA cars & coffee group expressed interest in going on a fun when we meet up for the cars and coffee and Tom suggested trying one of his local favorites. We sent out some emails and pm's to a bunch of people and the following is what was decided.

Date: Sunday August 12, 2012
Time: Starting Point at 10:00 AM
Starting Point: Starbucks, 1370 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI
Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Lunch: The Vanilla Bean Café: Café / Restaurant and Live Entertainment
Route: The route will take us from North Kingstown, RI to Pomfret, CT where we will stop for lunch. From there we will loop back on another stretch of road back into North Kingstown, RI. Additional route details will be posted shortly, Tom was going to run the route to make sure there's no roadwork or other issues. I believe its about a 2 hour drive from the starting point to the Vanilla Bean Cafe.
Rain Date: TBD (September)

The intention is to get the cars out on some more twisty roads and have some fun.

Below is a head count for those that have confirmed and those that are not sure but want to go. Please post here, send me a PM or send me an email at [email protected] if you want to join us. About one week before the drive we will send emails or PM's to those that are definitely going with the route and directions.

Attendee List:
1. Tom (996 Turbo)
2. Dino (Boxster RS60)
3. Afshin (Boxster Spyder)
4. Noel (Lotus Elise)
5. Rose (Lotus Elise)
6. Bob (Lotus Elise)
7. Bill (997)
8. Phil (964)
9. Neal (993)
10. Chee (Lotus Elise)
11. Yichi (350Z)
12. Michael (Lotus Elise)

Maybe:
1. Mike (944)
2. Len (964)

I will continue to update the attendee list and also add additional details as they become available.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3395, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
343 Posts
Can't wait for the run...

Looking forward to it.

FYI: I think the name of the location is 'TEN Rod Road'. You might confuse your GPS if you put in the number 10 and not the spelling.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Guys,

So far the plans for the ride are shaping up nicely. As a reminder, please remember to include an email address when sending me PM's. The week before the drive we will be emailing the route to those definitely attending. Anyone on the maybe list will need to contact me before the drive, to be moved to the attending list and to be sure I have your email address. Also, Bruce for some reason I wasn't able to respond to you via email, please check and resend an email address when you have time.

Thanks and best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick update for those of you following this thread, we will be sending out the route summary to those that are on the attendee list within the next day or two. I would recommend printing it and bringing it with you.

The route was driven a couple of weekends ago and all the roads still look great so we should be insured a pothole and construction free drive!

Depending on timing and everyone's preferences we may stop at a local place for home made ice cream on the way back. Here is a link to the Ice Cream Place: Ekonk Hill Turkey Farm - Farm Fresh Ice Cream

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cancelled b/c of Rain

Cancelled due to rain. We will reschedule so stay tuned for the new date.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on the date I may come too :nanner:
The new date is September 16th. If you can join us and wish to do so, please email or PM me with the info as mentioned in the original post. I will be posting a new event notice since the old one won't let me edit it again.

Best regards,
Dino

1 - 7 of 7 Posts