The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know our Fun Run was rained out last weekend. The new date will be Sunday, September 16th. We will be driving from North Kingstown, RI to a lunch destination at a local cafe in Pomfret CT and depending on timing we may also stop at an ice cream shop on the way back.

Here are the details for the drive:

Date: Sunday September 16, 2012
Time: Starting Point at 10:00 AM
Starting Point: Starbucks, 1370 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI
Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Lunch: www.thevanillabeancafe.com/
Route: The route will take us from North Kingstown, RI to Pomfret, CT where we will stop for lunch. From there we will loop back on another stretch of road back into North Kingstown, RI.

Below is a rough head count for those that previously confirmed and those that are not sure but want to go. About one week before the drive we will send emails or PM's to those that are definitely going with the route and directions.

1. Tom (996 Turbo)
2. Dino (Boxster RS60)
3. Afshin (Boxster Spyder)
4. Noel (Lotus Elise)
5. Rose (Lotus Elise)
6. Bob (Lotus Elise)
7. Bill (997)
8. Phil (964)
9. Neal (993)
10. Chee (Lotus Elise)
11. Yichi (350Z)
12. Michael (Lotus Elise)

Maybe:
1. Mike (944)
2. Len (964)

This should be a great time with fellow car nuts and some nice less travelled B roads!

If you are not on the list and you wish to go please contact me via PM or send me an email at [email protected]
Please provide your name, the car you will be driving, an email address where we can send you the driving route/info, and a cell number so we can text or call you with any potential last minute changes.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Guys,

So far the plans for the ride are shaping up nicely. As a reminder, please remember to include an email address when sending me PM's. The week before the drive we will be emailing the route to those definitely attending. Anyone on the maybe list will need to contact me before the drive, to be moved to the attending list and to be sure I have your email address. Also, Bruce for some reason I wasn't able to respond to you via email, please check and resend an email address when you have time.

Thanks and best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys...sounds like fun!

I'm going to try and make it to this one. I'll either grab a new Evora from work or bring my Camaro.

Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Steve,

Its been a while. I don't think I've seen you since Tutto a few years ago. Anyway, hope you can make it for the drive. Please be sure to send an email address at least a week before the drive if you are going to attend so that we can email you the route and directions.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Dino...ya, it's been a while. I think that was when I had my 328. As you may know, I worked for Ferrari for 11 years but I moved over to AMNE/Lotus Motorsports a couple years ago. Still have plenty of Fcars around the shop though. I have a 328 in the shop now...feels like home again :)

I'll PM you with my email address to confirm.
Steve

Hey Steve,

Its been a while. I don't think I've seen you since Tutto a few years ago. Anyway, hope you can make it for the drive. Please be sure to send an email address at least a week before the drive if you are going to attend so that we can email you the route and directions.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Dino...ya, it's been a while. I think that was when I had my 328. As you may know, I worked for Ferrari for 11 years but I moved over to AMNE/Lotus Motorsports a couple years ago. Still have plenty of Fcars around the shop though. I have a 328 in the shop now...feels like home again :)

I'll PM you with my email address to confirm.
Steve
Hi Steve,

I think last time I saw you the 328 was gone and you were considering a limited edition Corvette. I haven't been to AMNE/Lotus in some time, but I did see some pix online recently of a beautiful Muira and some other amazing vintage cars.

Hope you can make it to the drive, and I hope all is going really well for you at AMNE/Lotus.
Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're right...I had a Z06 Carbon Edition on order but ended up getting a limited edition Camaro ZL575, one of 250 made with a Supercharger and other mods.

Life is good at AMNE/Lotus...stop by sometime. Maybe the next "Fun Run" can start or end with a tour of our shop.

Hi Steve,

I think last time I saw you the 328 was gone and you were considering a limited edition Corvette. I haven't been to AMNE/Lotus in some time, but I did see some pix online recently of a beautiful Muira and some other amazing vintage cars.

Hope you can make it to the drive, and I hope all is going really well for you at AMNE/Lotus.
Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right...I had a Z06 Carbon Edition on order but ended up getting a limited edition Camaro ZL575, one of 250 made with a Supercharger and other mods.

Life is good at AMNE/Lotus...stop by sometime. Maybe the next "Fun Run" can start or end with a tour of our shop.
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear all is well. I'm sure our Sunday morning regulars would enjoy a tour of the shop, so maybe that will be something for the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update for those of you following this thread, we will be sending out the route summary to those that are on the attendee list within the next day or two. I would recommend printing it and bringing it with you.

The route was driven a couple of weekends ago and all the roads still look great so we should be insured a pothole and construction free drive!

Depending on timing and everyone's preferences we may stop at a local place for home made ice cream on the way back. Here is a link to the Ice Cream Place: Ekonk Hill Turkey Farm - Farm Fresh Ice Cream

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Dino - Is there room for 1 more?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dino - Is there room for 1 more?
Sure. If you want to join us for the drive please email or PM me with your first name, car you will be driving, and an email address and I'll add you to the attending list and send you the driving route info.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cancelled due to rain

Hey Guys,

Its raining so we cancelled for today. By now I've either texted, called and emailed all contact info I have for everyone (plus everyone has my cell #). Please stay tuned for a reschedule date.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Date for the Drive September 16th

Hi Folks,

The new date for the drive is September 16, 2012. Please see the post at the top for complete details on the drive (it has been edited slightly). Please contact me via PM or email if you are not on the list and you wish to join us.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You may want to reconsider this because of cars and copters. One of the biggest car events. Cars and Copters - 2012 - September 16th | Facebook
Several attendees helped to choose that date, so we are sticking with it. Cars & Copters is a very nice event but I've done it before. With only a few months of good driving season left, there just are not that many weekends that work for us that don't already have other events scheduled.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Please put me down as a maybe

Eric (Exige S)

If I can make it, I'll meet up in Kingston and take off after lunch in Pomfret as I'll be close to home.

thanks,

e

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please put me down as a maybe

Eric (Exige S)

If I can make it, I'll meet up in Kingston and take off after lunch in Pomfret as I'll be close to home.

thanks,

e
Hi Eric,

I'm not able to edit this post again. But I will include you on my own notes/list as a maybe. If you decide to join us please PM me the week before and to let me know. Be sure to include an email address where I can send you the route, and a cell number so we can text or call you if there are any last minute changes.

Best regards,
Dino

1 - 19 of 19 Posts