The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am prepared to offer a limited number of people a day of sailing out on Buzzards Bay. Lunch on Cuttyhunk. Looking at the end of August, beginning of September time frame.

Sailing would be better during the week (less boat traffic).

Let me know if your seriously interested. No charge for the sail, we should expect to buy lunch for, and tip the crew.

the boat is currently docked in Antigua. Set to sail North to MA the end of May. From there Racing to Bermuda mid June, then back to MA until November 1st.

This is a 76 foot sail boat. Raced to Bermuda last year from Marion, MA. Won the race, shattered the existing record by 3 hours.

Pictures here: http://spectrumphotofg.ifp3.com/site/#/gallery/lilla-1st-to-finish/img-9597pp/

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris- The woman in the photos is my sister. A WPI graduate, husband builds wind farms in Scotland, Ireland, and England.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
:drool: I'm in the wrong part of the world....:(

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes there is room for one more. Would you have a spouse or guest with you?

I mentioned earlier that we are favoring a weekday based on boat traffic and the availability for a group lunch on Cuttyhunk Island.

The boat has just arrived from Antigua over the weekend and is docked in Mattapoisett Harbor. Preparations are being made to race the boat to Bermuda. It will then sail back to Mattapoisett and any necessary repairs will be made resulting from the race.

Time frame for our sailing date being mid-August to mid-September.

Details of the day are still in the planning stage. Guest have two options if interested is staying over the following night in Mattapoisett. My sister has room for a limited number of people at her house or The Mattapoisett Inn would be available as a bed and breakfast. Special arrangements would be available at the Inn but I would have to call ahead.

Right now you are the 8th person interested.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My wife and I may be #s 9 and 10. A lot of things need to line up with schools, band camps, Scouting trips, etc. I'll be able to better commit once we have a date.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, barring a hurricane or unforeseen event, lets plan on the 20th of September.

Based on this date let me know if your interested and able to attend. Open to a limited number of guests, people that responded in the past have priority.

Please let me know as soon as possible. Also let me know if your plans have changed so I can offer space to someone else.

Thanks,-Jeff

More details coming within the next few days.

Boat is docked and will depart from Mattapoisett, MA.

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Thu the 20th? Should be doable.
My wife's birthday.

Sigh. Can't swing it this year.

Oh, well, we may score some Tall Ship rides in Duluth next year.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plan is to leave from the dock in Mattapoisett at 10:00 am on Thursday the 20th of September.

I have been asked it people want beer and wine on the boat. Let me know.
Plan to eat Lunch between 1 and 2 pm.
Sailing trip 6-7 hours
Planning a BBQ after
There is some room at my sisters for people who want to stay overnight into Friday.
...or we can make arrangements with the Mattapoisett Inn for anyone who want to overnight at the Inn.
I will be traveling down the night before. Let me know if you want to stay Wednesday night in Mattapoisett.

Thanks,-Jeff

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Thank you so much for the offer Jeff and I would really like to go however Diane has surgery on that day... she even told me I could go! How many guy's out there have a woman like that? I have to be there for her support as surgey is scary especially when it's at 'BMC' aka 'Berkshire Meat Cutters'

Hope you and Vicky have a good time, please post some pictures for us.

Cheers,
Robert

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you so much for the offer Jeff and I would really like to go however Diane has surgery on that day... she even told me I could go! How many guy's out there have a woman like that? I have to be there for her support as surgey is scary especially when it's at 'BMC' aka 'Berkshire Meat Cutters'

Hope you and Vicky have a good time, please post some pictures for us.

Cheers,
Robert
Robert- Vicky's not going. She gets motion sick real easy. Best wishes for Diane and her surgery.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This looks like an awesome time!

But I'll be tearing around the Glenn that week with my foot to the floor and the shift light on.

I hope you all have fun. Say 'hi' to the gang.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts