The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being that most elise owners say you can get the full thrill out of these cars unless you track it I am wondering what tracks are accessable to the public in the New England area. I live in Vermont and was thinking maybe Laconia, NH or Watkins Glen in NY. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
488 Posts
So being that most elise owners say you can get the full thrill out of these cars unless you track it I am wondering what tracks are accessable to the public in the New England area. I live in Vermont and was thinking maybe Laconia, NH or Watkins Glen in NY. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Watkins Glen just rocks. And it's in beautiful surroundings. You'll get smoked on the straights by the Corvettes and Porsches (and Ferraris, Lambos, Radicals, Chevettes, Yugos, little kids on bicycles, squirrels), but there are plenty of turns.

Lime Rock is half the length of the Glen, and people love to bust on it, but it's a blast nonetheless. Tighter than the Glen, so it's a more competitive track for the Elise. Also in a nice area, with better restaurants closer.

These and other tracks are accessible through organizations like SCDA (Sports Car Driving Association - Performance Driving in a Safe and Controlled Environment) and NASA.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet thanks. Would be nice to just go fast and not have any worry there's a cop around the next corner hehe. Plus its a safer place to learn the cars limits.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
NH motor speedway is probably closest to you (possibly, don't know you're distance to the glen). I've been on both NH and Lime Rock, and both are a blast. I think NH is a little more technical, but you can't go wrong with either. I've yet to get to the Glen, but i want to.

·
Registered
156 Posts
+1 on Watkins Glen International.

You also have -

Lime Rock

Watkins Glen International (horsepower wins on this track)

Pocono International Raceway

New Hampshire International Speedway (probably closest to you)

Palmer Motorsports Park (under construction in Massachusetts)

Monticello Motor Club (for the very rare HPDE event)

New Jersey Motorsports Park

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (New Jersey)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts