The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whether there are pics of the new Esprit yet? The dealer said that it was definately in development.. I personally have been in love with that model since the Spy Who Loved Me.. Although I cant imagine have one in white :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
What, you looking to get on another Lotus waiting list ?

Steve

·
Registered
493 Posts
Unless you compare it to the lotus store. Coming Fall 03, which translates to "never because we removed it from the official website"

·
Registered
670 Posts
Anybody know which dealer has the shortest list or what allocations are ? I wonder if it's based on Elise sales ?
How can we find out, I really want to go through this again.
I want to be sure I'm number one on a list seeing how well thats worked out for Adamant.

Steve

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have read several different stories about the next Esprit.

It will be based on the M250 Project, under the Esprit name or even the M250 name. Either way, even if it caries very small ties to the M250, they will still learn a lot from it (how it failed etc). I think that Lotus's financial state is looking better than it was in '99 and during the development of the M250, so something in that category is very possible.

That's pretty much it. :p I've read similar info in Evo magazine and on the internet.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers this, but it is an interesting excerpt. I don't personally have this, but if anyone has November 1999 issue of CAR magazine, the M250 made the cover (with MB-McLaren Vision SLR and Toyota MR2 I think). If anyone has this issue, read the opening paragraph for us :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts