The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm adam. I just purchased a 2002 Esprit from South Florida. A couple people on the forum has owned this car before me. I can't wait to get behind the wheel and give this thing hell. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

I didn't see a post whether your Service C (specifically your timing belt service) was up to date.

Your other posts show that you're driving the car hard - nothing fundamentally wrong with that but if you just bought the car this month AND the Service C is not up to date, that could be very risky.

There was another member who bought his Esprit and broke the timing belt a few months later (it was past Service C time deadline (not necessarily mileage - 3 years/36K miles for some Esprits)).

I highly recommend that you get your Service C up to date before driving at maximum RPM.

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
I was going to buy that car from Excell and had a PPI done at Prestige Motors in Miami. The car looked great and drove nicely. Unfortunately the owner, Scott, treated me like [email protected] I bought a 2004 FE instead.

Good luck and enjoy the car. It was serviced at the Foreign Toys in Ft. Lauderdale.

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
I wonder if they did the belt change. Also, can I get a belt replacement for free from Lotus?
Call Lotus USA.

The car was serviced in Hawaii before coming to the mainland. There was a period of a few years with no service documentation. The oil cooler lines were replaced and run underneath the car and fully exposed. It was done well for racing applications, but not the recommended method for a street car according to my mechanic.

Send me a PM if you want to know more about my findings on this car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts