·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Just an Evora.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what this is either, but haven't we all had this discussion before about what a test mule is? It's not supposed to look different. It's all about what's underneath, so the widened track is suggestive at least.

Or maybe it's just spacers on a car somebody's trying to bring back to life.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,090 Posts
I don't know what this is either, but haven't we all had this discussion before about what a test mule is? It's not supposed to look different. It's all about what's underneath, so the widened track is suggestive at least.

Or maybe it's just spacers on a car somebody's trying to bring back to life.
I think we know what it isn't, and that's an Esprit. A test mule would have some obvious camouflage and would look like a new design, which doesn't apply to this. It certainly doesn't look like anything other than an Evora, so I'm not sure why anyone would think this is an Esprit.

San

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Mules may also have advanced chassis and powertrain designs from a prospective vehicle that need testing, which can be effectively concealed in the body and interior of a similarly sized production model.[2][3] "

Development mule - Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
I think to assume it is anything other than an Evora with fender flares you need either some inside info or signs of a different powertrain etc

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just because it looks like an Evora on the outside doesn't mean it is one under the skin. Car companies use other similarly existing cars as tests mules all the time.

If I had to make a guess, this is unlikely a mule for the new Esprit, but could easily be the test mule for the rumored "stop gap" car that is supposed to be based on the Evora platform.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
no weird exhaust, bulges, differences in body parts, nothing but fender flares
Of course it could be but who knows

·
Registered
364 Posts
I mean could it not just as easily be the new Elan or Elite of Seven or Eleven? If the fact it looks like an Evora but ‘that doesn’t matter because it’s a mule, therefore it must be an Esprit’

Unless I missed something that the next car in development is an Esprit

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
Given the wheelbase is shorter (look at the top arch (green tape) of rear wheel vs. rear hatch and compare to production Evora), it is not likely to be a "Final Edition Evora". But it's not necessarily an Esprit either; maybe new Elise disguised as a wide track, short wheelbase Evora? My bet - someone KNOWS more about this Evora and was told it's an Esprit mule. But there is nothing concrete to say Esprit. My bet:Elise or Esprit mule.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts