shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the gray one, it looks more menacing... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sure looks like they could use more spring rate in the photo. Time for all hands to get to the windward rail! Pretty typical for most stock cars.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
nxm150 said:
No sedan should ever have a spoiler that big.
Amen, beat me to it, that think is ill.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Donovan said:
And some of you think the Z4 is ugly?
The Evo is a balls out rallye car. I agree it's not the most beautiful thing on earth but once you drive one, you simply don't care. It will rip your face off, a lot of fun to drive. While the Z4...well check the: Ugh... Z4 tread.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yeah I read that thread. I guess beauty really is in the eyes of the beer-holder because this is one ugly looking car. It reeks of cheapy plastic and has boy racer written all over it. I just hate 4 door sedans that people (or car companies) try to turn into sports cars.

The pictures above don't look as bad as most because it doesn't have stupid stickers all over it...not yet anyway..

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Donovan said:
I guess beauty really is in the eyes of the beer-holder
LoL. That's some funny sh#t. But you are right...I guess I have a little boy racer still in me, because I like it. :D

Neil

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Little Bastard said:
You know what...you're right looks like Darth Vadder's car!!!
That's what they used to say about a black M Coupe.

This car looks ok. 0.98 skidpad rocks for a 4 door. But the weight is still super-3000 lbs, right? And they don't have any real performance figures other than the skidpad (although that's a good one :)).

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
originally posted by transio
But the weight is still super-3000 lbs, right?
It should be below 3000 lbs. The article reads that it's 300 lbs lighter than the standard evo, which is 3263 lbs.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
shay2nak said:
It should be below 3000 lbs. The article reads that it's 300 lbs lighter than the standard evo, which is 3263 lbs.
The last Evo I drove felt like it weighed nothing. Even though it weighed 3263 lbs. It's the steering— Feels so light and precise.

Neil

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I just hate 4 door sedans that people (or car companies) try to turn into sports cars.

Why? if you can only own one car, don't have a lot of money, and perhaps live in a climate that is not as boring as California (I'm teasing) this car and the STI are a dream come true. The only thing better would be a wagon
As a die hard rally fan I happen to like the way these cars look (not that there is no room for improvement). I actually like the older Evo 5&6 better (even more aggressive boy racer styling) but they never came to the states. As for the cheap plastic bits, well the Subaru is better but not much. I find the cheapness a part of the charm to some degree, for example when I have driven Audi's and BMW's with similiar performance levels, the luxury tends to isolate you from the driving experience, which is certainly not the case with these rally specials.

And they don't have any real performance figures other than the skidpad (although that's a good one ).
0-60=4.3sec
1/[email protected]
60-0=117ft
80-0=195ft
700ft slalom=70.8mph
skidpad=.98g
top speed (limited)=112mph
*From R&T's new magazine "Speed"
According to Evo magazine they tested a lesser version Evo 8 at 157mph

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi mopho,

did the mag mention when it's coming here?

ara

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
No, just that the writer is under the impression that it is definitely coming, but he got no confirmation

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
mopho said:
Why? if you can only own one car, don't have a lot of money, and perhaps live in a climate that is not as boring as California (I'm teasing) this car and the STI are a dream come true. The only thing better would be a wagon
As a die hard rally fan I happen to like the way these cars look (not that there is no room for improvement). I actually like the older Evo 5&6 better (even more aggressive boy racer styling) but they never came to the states. As for the cheap plastic bits, well the Subaru is better but not much. I find the cheapness a part of the charm to some degree, for example when I have driven Audi's and BMW's with similiar performance levels, the luxury tends to isolate you from the driving experience, which is certainly not the case with these rally specials.
Well said... I agree. As for the cheap interior Recaro seats don't seem that cheap.

Neil

1 - 20 of 27 Posts