The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Lotus Evora 400
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought a used 1,300 mile 2018 Lotus Evora 400. The previous owner barely drove it pass the break-in and the car was almost brand new. The new car smell is still there. So I thought it was a great time to jump back into driving a Lotus for a really good discount off of buying the car new.

I used to own a 2007 Lotus Exige S in Storm Titanium. Loved the car, but started a family so I had to get rid of it in 2010.

Now I'm back to driving a more "family friendly" Lotus and loving every second of it. This car definitely bring backs a lot of memories and is such a joy to drive. It feels so planted and balanced, brings a smile to face everyday.

So far, I've only replaced most of the decals to emblems and went with all black badging. Here are some details:
  • Azure Blue
  • Carbon Fiber access panel and tailgate
  • Silver Forged Wheels
  • Leather Pack

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400, Azure Blue, Silver Forged Wheels, Premium Infotainment, Subwoofer, Cruise Control
22 Posts
Twins! Well, not quite. Mine is a 2018 Azure blue Evora without the carbon bits. Otherwise it’s identical. Do you mind my asking how much you paid? I may be looking to sell it soon. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400, Azure Blue, Silver Forged Wheels, Premium Infotainment, Subwoofer, Cruise Control
22 Posts
Here’s a few photos:
17EC4575-03BA-48DE-A742-8D94D11331CB.jpeg
97503210-4A10-4597-BB17-1A5B4D45AFDD.jpeg
97503210-4A10-4597-BB17-1A5B4D45AFDD.jpeg
ED675E46-C000-4703-8968-952F39532545.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
The color has a purple hue under some lighting conditions. I agree with changing the emblems and badges. I did also but went with silver. The crappy decals they put on the 2018’s mar an otherwise beautiful car. Best of luck with your Evora!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Welcome back to the fold!! Absolutely stunning car!

Most likely you're aware that the Bay Area is a great place to own a Lotus. Lots of great roads within minutes of your home and home to one of the most active Lotus clubs on the global.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2018 Lotus Evora 400
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Branieri,

Too bad you are selling. I got the car two weeks ago for $75k. Car had 1,300 miles and was just a little over 1 year old, April 2019 was when the first owner bought the car.

·
Registered
2018 Lotus Evora 400
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Kiyoshi, I know there are some clubs and I'm just getting back into the forums. I do see quite a few Lotus' driving around here, but mostly Elise/Exige. I will be getting a clear bra for the front of the car this week, then looking to do Mt. Hamilton soon after.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great looking car! Congratulations! The yellow accents of the emblems and the calipers are exquisite!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Branieri,

Too bad you are selling. I got the car two weeks ago for $75k. Car had 1,300 miles and was just a little over 1 year old, April 2019 was when the first owner bought the car.
It’s not definite that I will sell it. I will see how it goes for me financially over the next couple months and then decide. Believe me it’s not my first choice. Hopefully it won’t be necessary. Thanks for your price info. BTW, mine has about 2800 miles right now so your price is in line with what I’ve been thinking. I’m the original owner and bought it last November.

·
Registered
2018 Lotus Evora 400
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, not even a year old! It's a beautiful color and low mileage. I'm sure you will be able to sell it no problem if it ever came to that.

I hope you are able to keep it though :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. You’re prejudiced on the color I think😁

·
Registered
2018 Lotus Evora 400
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, maybe just a bit bias to liking the Blue :)

I love the CF + blue combination. That's why I had to rebadge everything to black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts