The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

My old user name was BrendanDolan, but as I no longer have access to the email that's on file, I created a new one. I used to work for a Lotus franchise years ago, did a lot of events for Lotus corporate for years (Evora launch, Pebble Beach during the Danny Bahar days, track days and ride and drives), and now I'm finally an owner. Whew. I've been there with the Evora from the start, and the deal my old franchise put together for me on my 400 was too good to pass up.

2018 Military Grey, assorted options. Had 4 miles at delivery, and I'm at 450 or so a week in.

Not a fan of the painted inserts but I'll live.

Back when I was car hopping through Evoras all of the time, I noticed some had brakes that were a hair spongey, and inconsistent. This one was like that, but it's also sat for some time, so I had the brake fluid swapped with RBF660 and it's back to the firm pedal that I like.

I hadn't driven a 400, and I incorrectly assumed it was just a faster S, but I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Less understeer, shifts a ton better, interior quality is higher, I can actually read the speedo and not just see the reflection of clouds, and it still rides great. All in all I'm very happy with it.

I'm in NorCal, and just rejoined the GGLC, so hopefully I'll get to meet some guys and go driving!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi guys!

My old user name was BrendanDolan, but as I no longer have access to the email that's on file, I created a new one. I used to work for a Lotus franchise years ago, did a lot of events for Lotus corporate for years (Evora launch, Pebble Beach during the Danny Bahar days, track days and ride and drives), and now I'm finally an owner. Whew. I've been there with the Evora from the start, and the deal my old franchise put together for me on my 400 was too good to pass up.

2018 Military Grey, assorted options. Had 4 miles at delivery, and I'm at 450 or so a week in.

Back when I was car hopping through Evoras all of the time, I noticed some had brakes that were a hair spongey, and inconsistent. This one was like that, but it's also sat for some time, so I had the brake fluid swapped with RBF660 and it's back to the firm pedal that I like.

I hadn't driven a 400, and I incorrectly assumed it was just a faster S, but I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Less understeer, shifts a ton better, interior quality is higher, I can actually read the speedo and not just see the reflection of clouds, and it still rides great. All in all I'm very happy with it.

I'm in NorCal, and just rejoined the GGLC, so hopefully I'll get to meet some guys and go driving!
Congratulations looks awesome! I’m with you on the interior, while nicer quality, I like the brushed alloy much better than the plastic parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! Hope to meet you at one of the GGLC events! Maybe a Sacramento Chapter Event if you are that far north?
My Mom is up in Lincoln, so chances are I’ll be combining events in the future.

Congrats and very nice! If you're not happy with painted inserts could change to GRP carbon parts to cover? Very easy install and looks great
Oh I think that’s a winner. Matches the rest of the carbon fiber on the car, and it’s not orange. Thanks for the tip!

MyFemurHurts... Just curious... if there a good story to go with your username?
It stems from my childhood. In Little League I was training a new catcher. After a few innings of squatting he gets up, rubs his quads and complains “ah my femur hurts.” I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Not his quads. Not his muscles. But his FEMUR. Yeah buddy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I guess I’m in the minority, but I like the painted inserts. Especially on an all grey/black car. Needs a little pop. Also, I‘d black pack the car. I can go either way on the skittles cars, but the subtle black on grey is fantastic on the grey cars.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise 111R Sports Racer
45 Posts
Congrats on your first Lotus! ...and an Evora 400?! What a way to start!!! Looks amazing in that colour. I've only sat in and driven alongside a 400. But it looks, sounds and feels like an utterly fabulous thing. The interior especially.....very special. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys!

Awesome new ride, congrats! I was there on the same day you bought yours and I ordered a new Evora GT too. It is also my first Lotus and should be done in March/April. The wait is gonna kill me though! ?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Hi guys!

Hello Brendan,
Congratulations on your new Evora. Beautiful car.
I think we met last May at the Sonoma Classic vintage races through my son Geoff. Looking forward to seeing you at some of the GGLC events.
Happy New Year,
Dan Wise

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Brendan,
Congratulations on your new Evora. Beautiful car.
I think we met last May at the Sonoma Classic vintage races through my son Geoff. Looking forward to seeing you at some of the GGLC events.
Happy New Year,
Dan Wise
Happy New Year Dan! I'm sure our paths will cross sooner than later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts