The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Evora 400 was hit by a large rock in our terrible south bay hi ways (hwy 17).

It instantly cracked and about 10" crack wanders along the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. Its not in the way visually, so I'm not in a hurry. But has anyone had good experience with an Evora windshield replacement in Silicon valley ? If so, recommendations would be appreciated, and any idea how long it takes to get the parts ? Thanks !

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
My windshield was replaced yesterday and since front clam needs to come off I had Lotus do it. There was a windshield available in U.S and took them 3 days to get.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
And hopefully you have glass coverage as it's expensive, $3,300. Here in MA we get glass coverage with 0 deductible. Since clam was coming off I used as an excuse to get Hethelsport carbon fiber vent louvers.

·
Administrator
2,072 Posts
You may want to consider windshield repair if your wait is long for a windshield. I had a crack repaired in my elise and you couldn't see the crack when they were finished and it was under $100.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Mine looks exactly like yours (well - not anymore with the CF). Good to know on the price. Thanks

And hopefully you have glass coverage as it's expensive, $3,300. Here in MA we get glass coverage with 0 deductible. Since clam was coming off I used as an excuse to get Hethelsport carbon fiber vent louvers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may want to consider windshield repair if your wait is long for a windshield. I had a crack repaired in my elise and you couldn't see the crack when they were finished and it was under $100.
Thanks - that's a great suggestion that I had not really considered. It might be a great short term solution. Any suggestions on who ? or should any auto glass place do a good job ?

·
Administrator
2,072 Posts
Sorry not in your area but google it and check ratings that's how I found my repairer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's things like this that really makes me question my interest in this car. $3300 and hard to get for a windshield? That's outrageous!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts