The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just took possession of a 2011 Storm Titanium Evora from John Eagle European and could not have been happier with the experience. Jeffery and Sonny were great to deal with. Highly recommend the dealership!

For those considering this car, I hope I can help with the following brief first impressions:

The Good:
  • Amazing Styling
  • Laser precision handling (better than the Audi R8)
  • Very comfortable driving around town (I'm 6'6).
  • Decent visibility for the type of car it is.
  • Fantastic gas mileage

The Bad:
  • I absolutely despise the Alpine INA-W900 that comes with the vehicle. So far I'm 0 for 3 in telling the Nav where I want to go. Lotus should replace all cars under warranty with a product that actually works.
  • The fit and finish leaves something to be desired.
  • The exhaust note is dreadfully nonexistent.
  • No good place for a built in radar detector
  • No dead pedal

The car is definitely quirky and I can actually appreciate that about the vehicle but I can say that compared to driving around in an R8 the experience leaves me wanting.

Here's what I'm doing to fix these issues:
  • Replace the headunit with this Pioneer.
  • Add this for radar detector and "always on" rear view camera.
  • Install Sector111 Dead pedal
  • Install Custom exhaust

Very glad to be be here and overall I'm delighted with the car and expect it to be one of my favorites after I fix the "broken" bits.

·
Registered
109 Posts
thanks for the info, pics pls ! congrats.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Add Brit flag to sides as well

Laura Ellis at Mitty.jpg

My only mod (so far)

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Love the flag! Is it a sticker or painted? Being that I park my car outside much of the time, I'm afraid I'd have a dark spot if I use a sticker and take it off later.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,945 Posts
evora's sound so amazing with exhausts...

I love plackslayers exhaust. But I think he had his custom made at a shop here.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The car is definitely quirky and I can actually appreciate that about the vehicle but I can say that compared to driving around in an R8 the experience leaves me wanting.

I'm confused. This makes me think that you like the R8 better than the Evora, but that you indicated Laser precision handling might imply the other way around?

I drove an R8 as a demo and while it had a great sound and accelerated incredibly I was not impressed by anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts