The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to drop a link to some of our new Evora products we now make/carry, including Shift cable ends, splitters, carbon accessories, decat pipes, air intakes etc.
https://www.gregsraceparts.com/
Most of our new items are listed on the main page but have a look around in the Evora section as well!

We have both an S1 and 400 car at our fingertips to develop more parts for/from so if there is anything you are wishing was available let us know and we can see about making it happen!

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a window regulator that will last more than 20,000 miles? I'd be in for those!
Those dang things are definitely a problem for a lot of people.
Maybe it could be something we could cross reference to a different manufacturer since Im sure it is a borrowed part from another car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just replaced my LH regulator with a brand new one. Makes so much noise I’m afraid to open the window. I’d be down for regulators too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I wish someone would produce some multivex style mirrors for the Evora 400. Since the 400 mirrors are different than original Evoras. I loved those mirrors when i had them on my Elise.

Reactions: GregsRaceParts

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
251 Posts
I wish someone would produce some multivex style mirrors for the Evora 400. Since the 400 mirrors are different than original Evoras. I loved those mirrors when i had them on my Elise.
Agreed. Had them on my Elise and my S1 Evora.

Would love to have them on my 400

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. Had them on my Elise and my S1 Evora.

Would love to have them on my 400
Sounds like a good project to check into.
I have noticed on my personal 400 that I have to adjust the drivers side mirror out as far as it will go to get semi-decent vision out of it ---probably not as big of a deal if you are not as tall as I am but its a little annoying.
I will look into the multivex type mirrors for them.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
Sounds like a good project to check into.
I have noticed on my personal 400 that I have to adjust the drivers side mirror out as far as it will go to get semi-decent vision out of it ---probably not as big of a deal if you are not as tall as I am but its a little annoying.
I will look into the multivex type mirrors for them.
Same one my Series 1 and 410; ad I'm not even tall.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for the link Greg.

I’m sure anyone that has an S1 in a hot climate would be keen for an airbag cover solution that lasts! Particularly as the cost of the warped dash / replacement airbag covers from Lotus is astronomical even though a known issue.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Same one my Series 1 and 410; ad I'm not even tall.
With mirror alll the way out, ok on previous S1, but short of perfect sight line on current 400 -am 5ft 9in tall (when feeling really good about myself...................)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cool!

My dream product would be a tire tail that bolts to the rear subframe, through holes cut in the diffuser. The evora is large and heavy enough that the 150 lb load should be safe.

Donour

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cool!

My dream product would be a tire tail that bolts to the rear subframe, through holes cut in the diffuser. The evora is large and heavy enough that the 150 lb load should be safe.

Donour
I would be concerned about hanging that much weight that far behind the rear axle. To my knowledge the reason why there is a weight limit for the trunk is to prevent snap oversteer. Adding 150lbs even further back? That sounds like a bad idea, just ask the 2nd gen MR2 guys about putting too much weight in the trunk. Unless someone does proper engineering, I would be very hesitant with that kind of product.

Other than that, @GregsRaceParts what about a smaller/lighter air intake for the 400? I want more of that sweet sweet blower whine!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would be concerned about hanging that much weight that far behind the rear axle. To my knowledge the reason why there is a weight limit for the trunk is to prevent snap oversteer. Adding 150lbs even further back? That sounds like a bad idea, just ask the 2nd gen MR2 guys about putting too much weight in the trunk. Unless someone does proper engineering, I would be very hesitant with that kind of product.
A little off topic, but ...

The trunk weight limit is likely the limit with 4 passengers and a desire to keep similar handling dynamics. It’s also a fiberglass compartment, not directly supported by steel or aluminum.

Regarding driving safety, its similar to pulling a small trailer — you have to drive differently. 100-200 lbs is not a big deal on a 3000 lb evora with 550 lbs per front wheel.

Donour

·
Supporting Vendor
417 Posts
Regarding the mirrors, I've supplied many of these to customers:

Help with blind spots and they rotate. Under $7 including shipping with prime. Can't beat that!

-Brian

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Other than that, @GregsRaceParts what about a smaller/lighter air intake for the 400? I want more of that sweet sweet blower whine!
I'll spill the beans on intakes--- We have had one on our 400 for about 300 test miles and plan to release them for sale here soon!
If the weather would clear up here we plan to do some dyno proving with it also so we have some data to back it up. Definitely better throttle response and awesome sound!

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tell us more about the E400 intake, please!!
Should have some pictures and more info next week. We have airboxes and and some other items coming in tomorrow!
I gotta say that the sound added with the intake on the 400 is awesome and the extra throttle response and power is a nice plus as well.
Our test car is an IPS so in sport mode on rev-matched down shifts it sounds mean!!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
I’ve missed the opportunity to buy carbon side scoops for my car in the past. I even bought some from OnRailsEngineering, but they were crushed in shipping and they’ve not made them again since. I’m not a fan of how large the WinAce ones are and HKFever sounds like he can’t sell on the forum anymore. Is there a chance to make a run of scoops for the S1 Evoras?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts