The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lotus of Greenville attempted to fix prior to delivery but once again the car thinks the driver door still open. The indicator on dash stays on as well as interior lights. Door glass will not go back up.
Now battery drained....and they even put in a new Interstate battery.
Any easy fix?
I plan on taking it to my local dealer on Monday as there are other issues needing attention under warranty.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It's a door sensor. Sometimes affects windows going up and down too. Annoying but easy, no worries. Don't seem to fail terribly often once replaced

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
There is a micro switch in the latch

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Adjust the striking plate. It takes like 2 minutes. I haven't quite found the perfect spot for mine, but I have it close. I make it habit to look at the right dash screen after I exit and close the door to make sure it shows the doors are closed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
How do you adjust the strike plate?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I suggest moving it incrementally in or out/horizontally and not so much up/down. You want to keep the alignment of the door in mind when its closed. You have to find the "sweet spot" where it closes and the dash shows its closed and the door looks flush to the body. It may take a few tries to get it right but make sure you tighten it down after every adjustment or it will just move when you close it. I found mine the first night, but I still close it with a sense of purpose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.