The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding here just because most people don't use search!

Just took possession of a 2011 Storm Titanium Evora from John Eagle European and could not have been happier with the experience. Jeffery and Sonny were great to deal with. Highly recommend the dealership!

For those considering this car, I hope I can help with the following brief first impressions:

The Good:
  • Amazing Styling
  • Laser precision handling (better than the Audi R8)
  • Very comfortable driving around town (I'm 6'6).
  • Decent visibility for the type of car it is.
  • Fantastic gas mileage
The Bad:
  • I absolutely despise the Alpine INA-W900 that comes with the vehicle. So far I'm 0 for 3 in telling the Nav where I want to go. Lotus should replace all cars under warranty with a product that actually works.
  • The fit and finish leaves something to be desired.
  • The exhaust note is dreadfully nonexistent.
  • No good place for a built in radar detector
  • No dead pedal
The car is definitely quirky and I can actually appreciate that about the vehicle but I can say that compared to driving around in an R8 the experience leaves me wanting.

Here's what I'm doing to fix these issues:
  • Replace the headunit with this Pioneer.
  • Add this for radar detector and "always on" rear view camera.
  • Install Sector111 Dead pedal
  • Install Custom exhaust
Very glad to be be here and overall I'm delighted with the car and expect it to be one of my favorites after I fix the "broken" bits.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Agree that the Alpine INA-W900 is despicable. Can't comment on the Pioneer you referenced, but I replaced my W900 with the Alpine INE-S920HD, and after a week, it seems like a vast improvement. It can find my house, differentiate between a multi-lane highway and a cowpath, lost the flip-down CD player, lets me tune the radio, etc, etc.

Hope your changes make you REALLY delighted with the car. :)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Exhaust is an easy fix - lots of us have done different things. There are some easy purchase and replace mufflers to straight pipes available.

I cannot say enough about how much fun this car is to own. Daily driving in it is a blast.

·
Illegal Alien
4,983 Posts
Welcome. I purchased mine from John Eagle Austin too. Great people, and I have only complimented one other car dealer before. Dead pedal is back on the 2012 models so you should be able to pick up for less than 111. As mentioned lots of options on exhaust.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Great color, my 2005 Elise is the same as yours. Enjoy the car, you will love it.
Ron:UK:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Was good to meet you at the TXABCD. Enjoy the ride and don't let the little things get to you, all part of the experience

·
Registered
453 Posts
Do you have the Sport Exhaust or no? I got the sport package not knowing that the sport exhaust was an extra add on feature, hence why I got the Supersprint Racing Muffler (not the Supersprint Sport Muffler, which is quieter)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have the Sport Exhaust or no? I got the sport package not knowing that the sport exhaust was an extra add on feature, hence why I got the Supersprint Racing Muffler (not the Supersprint Sport Muffler, which is quieter)
I just checked the dealer sticker and under sport package it just has traction control and sports ratio gearing. no word on exhaust so idk..

@txbrit - likewise!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just checked the dealer sticker and under sport package it just has traction control and sports ratio gearing. no word on exhaust so idk..

@txbrit - likewise!!
I purchased MY11 on Feb 25th 2012 from Austin. Sonny is a good guy. You will need an exhaust, that was my first upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased MY11 on Feb 25th 2012 from Austin. Sonny is a good guy. You will need an exhaust, that was my first upgrade.
I agree. Though due purely to the connections I have I am doing the "black edition" and I replaced the Alpine Head unit with a Pioneer App Radio 2 (changed from original plan after I found this.

Exhaust is next! I'll post pictures soon!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
@f1austin missed meeting you in txabcd, We had to leave early. Great to have another evora in Austin. Welcome

Let us know when you have the dead pedal installed and how it feels

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
took the car in today to have the dead pedal installed with some other work:

glove box repaired
dome light replaced
dash replaced

I've installed a bluetooth obd2 sensor and the pioneer app radio 2. With the AR Liberator program / Torque program for Android I have the best in car diagnostic, logging system I've ever had.

Now to figure out how I get that mansory front bumper and wing....pics coming soon!

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Just a quick question...so the dealer installed a dead pedal from 2012 or was it the sector111 piece?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts