The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the number of new Evora owners recently posting - and welcome all! - it seems that either the economy really is improving, or prices and demand have reached equilibrium. What are people paying - either actual price, or percent discounts, or rough numbers - for new cars? If new NA cars are 80-82k-ish, and S models are 90-93k-ish (although I have seen a couple at 100k+), what are actual selling prices? Perhaps the conquest/loyalty programs are also helping?

·
Registered
17 Posts
From the number of new Evora owners recently posting - and welcome all! - it seems that either the economy really is improving, or prices and demand have reached equilibrium. What are people paying - either actual price, or percent discounts, or rough numbers - for new cars? If new NA cars are 80-82k-ish, and S models are 90-93k-ish (although I have seen a couple at 100k+), what are actual selling prices? Perhaps the conquest/loyalty programs are also helping?
Grabbed a 2013 2 weeks ago. Lotus Evora NA with Premium Pack, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, Backup Camera, Black Forged Rims for $67,850. It had 31 miles when I picked it up.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I don't know if it's relevant what people have paid. Supply is drying up quickly. I expect that demand and prices will increase rapidly as a result.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Grabbed a 2013 2 weeks ago. Lotus Evora NA with Premium Pack, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, Backup Camera, Black Forged Rims for $67,850. It had 31 miles when I picked it up.
I would put the price for a 2013 New IPS loaded at $68 as being spot on as a deal you can walk away with being happy at.

There will always be some getting higher and lower, depending on where you are in the nation but that seems like a pretty fair price and competitive to what i have seen out there as far as actual selling price goes.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
For ref; New 2012, loaded, n/a, ips; $62 in 6/2014.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
I may contribute to 2 more buyers that rode my car at track yesterday and were blown away by how good the car really is!! I think the word is finally out on this car which is a good thing!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't know if it's relevant what people have paid. Supply is drying up quickly. I expect that demand and prices will increase rapidly as a result.
I assume you mean dependent on Lotus NOT being able to work around the 2015 regulations??

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I assume you mean dependent on Lotus NOT being able to work around the 2015 regulations??
Correct. I have heard no news of any progress, and as I understand it, they aren't making any for the US market at this point. Plus, as another poster pointed out, interest in the Evora is growing as more people are exposed to the car. The car looks amazing in person! Plus, quality has improved. My car has been perfect other than the satellite radio being defective and needing to be replaced. :up:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Looks like US Lotus dealers are heading to Hethel in September. So most likely there will be a US 2015 Evora.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks like US Lotus dealers are heading to Hethel in September. So most likely there will be a Us 2015 evora.
I sure hope so as I would like one after the MY12 updates and (perceived) quality improvements. I have noticed a LOT fewer 12-14s for sale than 10-11s. :shrug:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I sure hope so as I would like one after the MY12 updates and (perceived) quality improvements. I have noticed a LOT fewer 12-14s for sale than 10-11s. :shrug:
Definitely real improvements. I had a 2010 and now have a 2014--quality differences are night and day. Even colleagues who didn't spend much time in the 2010 have commented on the difference.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I hope that you are correct but don't see how you can jump to that conclusion.
How can you bring U.S. dealers to Hethel and say, "we have no new products for you to sell in 2015 but thanks for sticking with us"? It's not exactly a video conference or a flight to the next state.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Could be a new model.. Could be us dealers going to Hethel to express their frustration

The Evora in its current guise is done... No more exemptions from nhtsa
Car companies don't get round safety regulations on months...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I was really, really biting my tongue to speculate it's going to be a new model. :)

Also, there was a thread on the Euro Lotus forum about some big announcement that was suppose to happen in June (I think). Maybe it's going to be done in September.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I hope you're right. I'll believe it when I see it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts