The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been helping out a Local company developing some bolt on exhaust/ mufflers for the Evora, so tomorrow I will be fitting and dynoing these options! Here's a sample of a few of the things I will be playing with tomorrow!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spent the day swapping mufflers and dynoing.
Here are the results....
My Evora is stock with 2 mods K&N air filter and Lotus Stage 2 exhaust (Janspeed)
Lotus Stage 2 Exhaust 270 hp at the wheels
in order in the picture posted earlier
Pipe #1 271 hp at the wheels
Pipe #2 274 hp at the wheels
Pipe# 3 264 hp at the wheels
Im going to post a video of all of this recorded on the dyno, in a few min.

My favorite is Pipe #1
Pipe# 2 and the the Lotus janspeed are very close to one another as far as sound but pipe #2 makes 4 more HP.
The company who is making these will be making a announcment very soon. and these will be reasonably priced too!:shift:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
seems to further prove plack's results that this motor likes a little backpressure...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Impressive results, any idea on the sound?
You indicated that the 2nd more or less sounds the same than the Janspeed, but on the Video there's a big GAP, do you have any subjective point of view on the sound results saying for instance that the N° sounds some decibels more than the Janspeed?

But in any case the N°1 and 2 are making wonderfull noise and are providing some explosion noise while releasing the throttle : cool!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
This motor has a beautiful sound and set of pops and gurgles with the first style. Anyone who has been reading anything I post would know this - and anyone who has seen it in person (or went on the drive with us - all 3 of us lol) knows.

You can also control the "explosion" sounds you mentioned with the release of the throttle and generate a nice pop on the highway in most gears.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wonder what the results (HP and sound) would be if a test pipe was fitted. Does this company have any plans to offer a test pipe?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Wow:clap:
Nice
Love both the straight pipe and the resonator pipe. If i did not already have the Lotus sport exhaust I would definately be looking at that resonator pipe.

Any plans on making a down pipe to get rid of the 3rd cat?

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Please do not develop anything for the S. Must resist temptation.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes they are going to be releasing a test pipe/3 cat delete. It will be after the launch of the pipes we are talking about probley 2-3 months.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Yes they are going to be releasing a test pipe/3 cat delete. It will be after the launch of the pipes we are talking about probley 2-3 months.
Can't wait to see the test pipe. The Larini pipe from Sector 111 is so expensive ($240). Like to have something local sourced for half the price.

keep us up on the release:mw:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
A competent shop that does exhaust work should be able to fabricate a test pipe for you. The cost of the pipe isn't where the money goes. It's a pretty simple device. The bigger cost is in the fitment of the part to mate with your existing configuration and special handling of your car.

You'll end up paying as much in the end.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts