The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a short video of a new exhaust we should have available soon. 304 stainless contruction, mandrel bent and 18lbs lighter than stock. Slight increase in hp with noticeable improvement in throttle response. 25 yr warranty.

Clicky-clicky

We're still working out some final details. More info to come...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I will trade them a much-needed camera mount for a new exhaust. :)

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
How does it look? So far, it seems like a sweet deal with those weight savings.

·
Registered
394 Posts
shinoo said:
Here's a short video of a new exhaust we should have available soon. 304 stainless contruction, mandrel bent and 18lbs lighter than stock. Slight increase in hp with noticeable improvement in throttle response. 25 yr warranty.

Clicky-clicky

We're still working out some final details. More info to come...
Ive put 1400 miles on a car with the upgraded sports exhasst from lotus, I thnk its the first upgrade (out of the two avial) and your video sounds pretty close to what it sounds like...

Every thing is great with the lotus exhaust upgrade, except it is kinda anoying when not on the gas 100%..

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More 'musical' ;) than a stock 111R but not as loud as a Stage 2 (assuming 105 max db levels). I'll post the sound levels when I get back to work later this morn.

Price = Lotus Stage 2 = $800

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
What's up with Lotus' claim that aftermarket exhausts might not work as well as those they have developed? They mention something about a difficult to fabricate bifurcated area that helps the torque curve.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stan said:
What's up with Lotus' claim that aftermarket exhausts might not work as well as those they have developed?
Could it be a preemptive ploy? :rolleyes: Not sure really.

We'll run some dynos to find out for sure. All the info I have so far is from a 111R. We'll confirm it on a Croft as soon as we can.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
This URL is the source for the belownoted passage.

"It will be extremely difficult for after market companies to offer an exhaust with the same performance level as the one offered by Lotus. The exhaust tube is bifurcated at a specific distance from the header. This distance is critical and if not duplicated, power will be reduced."

This sounds kinda like they are using a 4-2-1 style header. I suppose the catalytic converter could mess things up too. Seems like they may be referring to where the exhaust changes from two to one pipe.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are the dBs from our exhaust (tested on 111R):

Idle......... Stock 67db... Ours 69db
2000rpm... Stock 79db... Ours 81db
4000rpm... Stock 81db... Ours 84db
6000rpm... Stock 91db... Ours 95db
7000rpm.. Stock 94db... Ours 99db

Our exhaust is tuned for day to day use. Great care was taken to fit this so NO trimming of the rear diffuser is required.

Production is starting next week. I should have one on display at LOG24 as well as to test on a US car.

We'll have other tip options as well - eventually. :cool:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
shinoo said:
Here are the dBs from our exhaust (tested on 111R):

Idle......... Stock 67db... Ours 69db
2000rpm... Stock 79db... Ours 81db
4000rpm... Stock 81db... Ours 84db
6000rpm... Stock 91db... Ours 95db
7000rpm.. Stock 94db... Ours 99db

Our exhaust is tuned for day to day use. Great care was taken to fit this so NO trimming of the rear diffuser is required.

Production is starting next week. I should have one on display at LOG24 as well as to test on a US car.

We'll have other tip options as well - eventually. :cool:
Interesting, I think it is closer to the stage I than the stage II since it will weigh more than Lotus’s stage II. Still it might be a viable option to the Stage I. We’ll have to see what, if any HP gain there is.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, Shinoo's exhaust will certainly LOOK better (IMO) than the downward-pointing, barely visible Stage II from Lotus. 18 lbs. is a significant weight savings, even if not quite as much as Stage II.
I'll still have to see and more importantly hear both to make a decision, but for now Shinoo has my vote.

Shinoo- any pictures of the installed unit?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That's good.
Blackhawk Farms Raceway in Illinois has a limit of 102 with fixed sound meter to drivers' left.
m.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts