The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I should get a new exhaust to go with the rear panel delete so I bought $150 worth of stainless parts and busted out the tig. This is what I ended up with. I was considering polishing it but it'll probably take more time than its worth.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
that's the extent of the exhaust..? lol so short.. damn people trying to charge an arm and a leg for a 3 ft exh.. looks good.. welds look good too.. make a sound clip ty..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent! Hope it has a nice sound!

Nice workmanship, too! Where did you find the tip? Is it all stainless?

- Allen.
Thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah its 100% stainless. The tip is made by Magnaflow. I got everything (muffler, tip, 90 degree bend and clamp) from Summit Racing.
I'll try to post a sound clip if I can find a camera that's worth a crap. My dogs ate my last one. :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah its 100% stainless. The tip is made by Magnaflow. I got everything (muffler, tip, 90 degree bend and clamp) from Summit Racing.
I'll try to post a sound clip if I can find a camera that's worth a crap. My dogs ate my last one. :wallbang:
I just ordered all the parts form summit racing to do mine a few days ago.. :D Going to go in threw the offset and then out threw the centered pipe and probably put it in there at a slight angle. Which muffler did you get?

I ended up getting this Muffler.

I'm also going to use this V-Band clamp to attach the muffler to the stock pipe instead of using a slip joint.

I'll also be using this Tip

Please let me know how it sounds on the car and show some pics as well. :D I'm hoping to get a deeper base sound threw out the rev range.

·
Registered
912 Posts
LOL this is the exact same setup i have. Its louder then the arqray from what people are telling me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dragon I'm the opposite, I'm dying 2 hear a Arqray but I dunno many Lotus owners and none with 'n Arqray. How do u find the sound on urs? I have a Magnaflow muffler on mine too it's s 6" round 'n it is a bit raspy and deeper sound than the vid clips I've seen of the Arqray. The only problem is my can seems 2 have burnt 'n blown out alot of the packing in about a yr. So the sound is now higher 'n a lil more farty (not flattering). Looks like I'll have 2 make another one soon.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The Arqray just doesn't do it for me... It sounds like your typical civic with a fart can on it. I don't mind loud so much, but the pitch is way to high and raspy for me. At full throttle on the second cam it sounds pretty good, It's the mid range every day driving note and especially the sputter sound it make when pulling out from a stop light at light throttle that I don't like. Once I get this built I'll see how it sounds and then experiment from there. I'll probably sell the Arqray once I've come up with something I like, so it may pop up in the for sale section here in a month or two.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here are the parts that I used.

Muffler - MPE-12246

A warning to everyone on this one... it looks polished in the picture but as you can see in my previous pictures, its not.

Tip - MPE-35136
90 degree bend - MPE-10706
Clamp - DTC-89-702500

I'll post pics of it on the car shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Very nice. Sounds very clean.
I like the CAD drawings. I have Solidworks but I rarely have the patience to sit down and do a drawing first. I usually just dive into the project.
It was SO loud when i was on the gas w/ the cutout open. It sounded like a bike.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Finished mine up last night... I'm probably going to change the tip later on. I'd like to find something titanium or carbon fiber for the tip so it doesn't tea stain like the stainless steel does. I definitely like the deeper growl it has now... Here are a few crappy cell phone pics. My old SS Arqray Single Tip is now for sale if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts