The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried it for the first time today. Besides the fuse under the dash (7.5 amps) and the one up front under the clam (20 amp, number 19), any ideas where to troubleshoot next? Dealer (FVMC) is too far if I can fix it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
Indy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff, thanks for the reply. The fan blows just fine. I can't hear the AC compressor kick on or the AC clutch engage. Any other ideas? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
when you pull the cover off to check the fuse, you will see a large corregated tube in the center of the vehicle. pull the bottom of it off of the air box and have a friend move the knob from hot to cold and see if the flap moves. sometimes the blend flap will bind and if you give it a nudge it wil free up, and sometimes the corregated tube pushes down on the box too hard causing it to bind. once you see the flap move put it to full cold and put the tube back on, get in the car to see if it works. if it still doesnt you might need to pay me a visit.

good luck, pm me if you have any further questions or if its easier give me a call at the dealer i am there m-f 7:30 to 4:30

T.J.
Tech at FVMC

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Sure you have AC?

·
Registered
992 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts