The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! I finally... after YEARS of wanting a lotus got to pick one up from NYC!! THANK YOU TO MARK STARR!! He helped organize the purchase! It was a fun road trip out to Long Island since I've never been to NY... and michigan wasn't to far away ;) btw the exige had 707 miles on it!

its a 2006 Exige! and I must say... I've always been in love with them seeing them in person... but owning and driving one 670+ miles back to michigan. Its more than love now! I can't stop smiling!

Compared to that damned 518rwhp Z this car feels like a REAL sports car! Although I feel like im living luxurious with my touring package... Almost spoiled!

Another thank you to Lotus of Cleveland that did the 1k service warranty to it! I was VERY impressed with their service center and Benjamin their tech! Plus it was hella cheap like $270 :p

The car's ECU dump showed 8.8 seconds of 5500-6??? rpm in its lifetime and the highest RPM being 6052. With a running life time of 31 hours that was considering my 6+ hours from NYC -> Cleveland!! It was pretty much a brand new exige :clap:

Yes the HDR pics are not the best... here at work we just took a few minutes outta the day to snap a couple shots and run some HDR to them... We'll do some REALLY nice ones next week!

Link to the pictures

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Cool !! Congrats ! give me a call this weekend, maybe I can show you some halfway decent roads ...:up:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
schweet! what software you using for HDR? photomatix? and how many different exposures are you using when you merge them?

looks great!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Nice Exige!

Now wait a minute...how did you make those pictures look so cool? They look almost like a video game.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Love those HDR shots. Love the color... congrats! :coolnana:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Gorgeous. Congrats on the purchase of a virtually new car!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just three frames and yes photomatrix... They were VERY CRAP'ELY DONE! I work IT. So there is down time ;) A co-worker and I have this location about 15 ft from our office so we just took a few pictures and HDR'd them.

Wait for some REAL pictures in a week or two! We will do full -10 / +10 HDR shots soon! We really wanna get some farm fields + storm clouds in the background and do the full 20 frames like that! The colors will be so insane... it will make ya cry haha.

Him and I have the same Rebel XT SLR cameras but he has a nice wide angle lens and makes me hella jealous! Plus he just does amazing photography work too. He actually has skill in it while I just point the camera and try to make them fancy... (it rarely works)

I really have fallen in love with the car so far. Its just perfect for what I really wanted. I can not wait to head out to Gingerman for some track lessons! or to get back out on some autocrosses again!

BTW if you wanna know how to make HDR photos search it up on google with some nice guides of how to do it! Super easy :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know of any nice black license plate holders...

I swear i've seen a black one with a silhouette of a lotus (sector 111 holder I thought)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats!! :up:

Amazing shots, 'stunning yellow' right?:drool:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Anyone know of any nice black license plate holders...

I swear i've seen a black one with a silhouette of a lotus (sector 111 holder I thought)
Automotion has one for like $30.....I went with one from NAPA for $2.99.....looks fine...neither has the Lotus silhouette though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the info on the holders! I'll probably just get a black one. but was hoping for a cool lotus one that wasn't silver ;)

Thank you guys for the compliments too!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ I'll have to just check autozone rotfl

didnt even think about them having a solid black one... I guess im just used to ppl always wanting shiny things. :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Anyone agree here???

Does it seem even a little TOO low of short speed bursts to properly break in the engine?? Highest was only 6 something??:shrug:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yah the highest was only 6052... Its possible that it should have been pushed harder but the tech said everything looked great on the read out! So I believed him!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Does it seem even a little TOO low of short speed bursts to properly break in the engine?? Highest was only 6 something??:shrug:
I guess it's better than an exige that's been thrashed to death like mine.......:evil:......:D......rotfl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts