The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new owner from Australia here. After 18 months of tracking my 911 I decided a dedicated track car was in order, and a ripper exige popped up and next thing you know, it was in my backyard. I've got nowhere to store it or the trailer it requires, but bloody hell it's good fun!
Shame it's not registered tho, but it's a bit of a pig to drive on the road.

Looking forward to learning the car and racing it next year!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Excellent flame photo! What makes it a pig on the road?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent flame photo! What makes it a pig on the road?
haha probably just the fact that my other car is a 911. It's like driving a limo compared to the lotus.

Nah just a few little niggles - nothing major.
Being track only, it's set up for slicks so it's low and rough as guys. Down low it's shocking till it's warm, has a lightened flywheel, really tight LSD and wider tyres which makes the lack of power steering noticeable and it's not much fun doing tight turns at low speed - skip skip skip skip. Plus I can't really reverse anyway as I can't see anything out the back window - there's a big PWR intercooler in the way! The seat doesn't have any cushions, it doesn't have seat belts (only harness). It's got aftermarket fibreglass clams and roof, so it doesn't seal very well. Wind noise is noticeable - you wouldn't be able to talk to the passenger (can't anyway since there's no passenger seat).
Front cage makes it a bit harder to get out in the supermarket parking lot when there's some dope parked on the line in the park next to you.

Apart from that it's great fun ?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Welcome!

Those Exige wheels are heavy BTW. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts