The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi LotusTalk -

I picked up my "new" black 2007 Lotus Exige S this past weekend. It was a demo car at Lotus of Atlanta for a while, and I'm technically the first owner of the car. Some of you might have seen it before with graphics on it; I had them removed and the car returned to stock as it's more my taste.

This will be my second/weekend/track car which I plan to use around the tracks in the southeast. My previous track car (and now retired from that duty) is a 2001 Audi S4; I had heavily modified the car to work well on the track, with such things as Bilstein coil-overs, StopTech brakes, AWE/GIAC Stage 3, and dedicated track tires. Here are some pictures from a trip up to Mid-Ohio last year:

If I'm honest, it wasn't 3 months ago that I was ready to squeeze the trigger on a Porsche. The Porsches I drove were very much like my Audi; refined, powerful, and overall great German cars. But like my Audi, they cost a fortune to maintain and prep for track events. So I went and drove the Exige and it instantly moved to the top of my list. I bought the car because I know it'll be great on the track and (relatively) cheap to run (I love the fact I filled it up for $16).

So my first few mods for the Exige will be a 5-point harness, a possible swap to race pads, and whatever I can find to keep the car running cool. I hope to attend 2-3 events this spring, including LOG.

·
Registered
275 Posts
first to say welcome... :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice joins us at trackday.... congrats on your new wheels..:clap:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I saw that car at lotus atlanta for 50k!! Too bad I only can afford a used elise :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
This requires a hooah for Atlanta

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
Welcome!!!

Check out my sig for the local club. Hope you can join us.

I look forward to meeting you at LOG.

SweetDaddyD, he removed all those beautiful graphics you spent hours on. =-(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome!!!

Check out my sig for the local club. Hope you can join us.
Done!

SweetDaddyD, he removed all those beautiful graphics you spent hours on. =-(
I thought the person who had put those graphics on the car was on these forums. FWIW, I was very impressed with them, especially the stripe which ran the length of the car, through the louvers over the engine.

I'm just someone who likes his cars as bare-looking as possible. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice joins us at trackday.... congrats on your new wheels..:clap:
Yeah, I saw you have regular days at Talladega GP. I've been there before in my Audi, but I'd love to try it in my Lotus.

...although I really wish they would pave that entrance!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you.
Ahh yes, I fondly remember that car. Well the good thing with the graphics is just this I guess. They come off easy to change or remove them. If they were all painted on, this guy probably wouldn't have his car.

I never did get any really good pics of it, I'm not much of a photographer.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
And one last one. My custom wheel emblems.

You can't really see it in the last photos but the thin silver accent stripes were pretty crazy, they were ultra metallic so were similar to bass boat flake paint. and the other graphics where a really nice charcoal metallic. In the sun they looked somewhat silver and in the shade were pretty subtle (as far as huge graphics go)
I kind of figured whoever bought it might off the large Lotus logos on the doors but kind of hoped at least the stripe would stay. Oh well. Enjoy it and look forward to running into you! The graphics would of been a little loud for a conservative person but I think they served their purpose well being the dealers Demo car. In this economy I'm glad for them that they moved one!

I was really hoping it would make it to LOG with the graphics on it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
SDD can you make me the big round Lotus sticker like that car has on the passenger door? In flat black low-tack please!

xtn

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
SDD can you make me the big round Lotus sticker like that car has on the passenger door? In flat black low-tack please!

xtn
Sure. No problem. Are you sure you want the low tack though? It's made to be temporary. The good matte black vinyl will last 10 years and still come off easy when you want to remove it- just like it did on this car. E-mail or text me on it and I'll call you back. Number is on my website which is in my signature.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Wow nice looking car

Good work on the Decals SDD they look awsome, i would get rid of the lotus logo though but keep the rest if it where me :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Hope to see you at some of the LLSE events.

Adam

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes that was alot of work tell me about!!!
All black is cool too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
SDD do you pics of your work on my car?:shrug:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
SDD do you pics of your work on my car?:shrug:
Yeah I have a few. I don't take very good pics though and the blue always looks lighter. If you have any good ones- please send or post em!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts