The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have been lurking for about 3 months trying to figure out which Exige to buy, which one meets my needs, and what to do with it (changes) once it get it. Finally took delivery yesterday of a new 2008 S240 (SS, SP, TP. LSD). It is a terriffic car as you all know, and very different from my other cars--each with their own personalities:

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo (997TT, stage 2 upgrade)
2009 Maserati Grandturismo-S
2007 Jaguar XKR cabrio (many upgrades)
2008 Mercedes GL550 AMG.
2008 Jetta GLI

I could write pages on how each car compares to the others, but in a short sentence or two, here are my thoughts... and why all of you are lucky to have the Lotus:

The Porsche is great for raw power (stage 2 upgrades; 504 RW HP, 3.1 sec 0-60). But not near as "fun" to drive as the Exige. It has a full Techart body kit so it is beautiful to look at, but owning the Lotus for 24 hours I can tell you that the Exige gets more heads turned and more people who want to talk about it. The Porsche is powerful, yet sophisticated without rattles, or flaws. It cannot be tossed about like the Exige, however.

The Maserati GTS is absolutely a wonderful machine in all regards. This car is incredibly fun to drive because of the wonderful exhaust and the incredible dual-clutch paddle shift transmission. (note, this transmission has been pulled back by Ferrari and so no more GT-S with paddle shifters--only 190 were made over the past 4 months... only automatic GT-S now... big bummer). It is a big car, bigger than it looks; and very luxurious inside, yet handles extremely well (I tracked it at Sebring last month). The lotus could fit inside of this car, and is the exact oposite. The GT-S has so many "functions" that make it a wonderful car on a fast, long trip, or a trip with your favorite girl to the most expensive restaurant in town--guaranteed the first valet parking spot. The Lotus is the opposite in many ways: Light vs heavy, agile vs smooth, racey vs touring, raw and simple vs sophisticated.

The Jaguar XKR (with lots of aftermarket goodies; 480 HP) is the best all around car for a nice spring day. It is beautiful to look at and with the top down it is the best all around car of the bunch (can you believe anybody would ever say that about a Jag?). For daily driving, this car cannot be beat. However, like the Maserati, it is a big car compared to the Exige. It is extremely smooth, and has more torque than any of the others (480), thus a quick punch of the throttle in this car is rewarded more instantaneously than any of the others.

I bought the Exige for the pure fun of it. The others have distinct personalities, but with all the technology, they become less "fun" to drive, and less "exciting" in many ways. I'll not get rid of the others, because they all have a distinct personality that I enjoy depending on my mood. However, you should all know (if you don't already), that the Lotus is an extremely fun car. I, like you, am happy and exited to have one in my garage!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Congratulations and welcome :clap: Are you sure you don't mean TK (Track Pack)? SP (Sport Pack) is not really an option on the Exige models but look at your springs and if its red with a blue knob/dial on the bottom, you have Track Pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts